Oryx hunt and wildcat bullet review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildworks

Reaction score
I went on a scimatar horn oryx hunt a month ago and had great sucess they are great animals to hunt! The hunt was set as a spot and stalk and we took off on foot the first day at about 10 am we hunted hard and walked a ton to find the oryx. we finall spotted a group and glassed the herd. we found the animal we were looking for and the stalk started.
we got to about 130 yrds across a ditch from the animal, and i ranged to make sure of the distance 2 times. I them held the second mildot on the nikon scope on low on the shoulder and squezzed off the new 400 gr Wildcat Muzzleloader bullet from the Lenartz rdi 50 with 150 gr of pyrodex pellets. The bullet entered on the point of the shoulder and then traveled 20 inches to the off side where it came to rest under the skin. the animal took 2 steps back and was done.

The new wildcats are awsome bullets! the 400 gr bullet retained 320 gr of weight after the kill. these things are made to open at any speed and not fly apart! They are shooting 1" groups out of my Lenartz custom ML.
they offer the most extensive line of sabot muzzleloader bullets available today you should check them out!

Wildcat custom muzzleloader bullets at www.wildworkstaxidermy.com

Latest posts

Back