Paper patch question?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSalyards

Reaction score
When building a template for your paper patch bullets What type of material do you use? I have been using heavy mylar for a trim to fit template.

I use a heavy duty Plastic Sign, I also have the Nice Brass ones from BACO, I checked through the Signs at the Hardware and Found a Type that was Nice n Rigid, That i could also Cut with Scissors, Works GREAT :lewis:

I will mark out singles for just 1 Sheet, anymore quantity and i go to my Paper Cutter
vsUT8xyl.jpg

Simple to make, and get a PERFECT Fitting Patch that Just meets on the 2nd Wrap, with NO over shooting, Better to have a Patch slightly Short than to long. I have “Short Patch” Templates, and Long, These are a Few of them
qenXsVam.jpg

Paper Cutter, I use For High Production Patch Cutting :lewis:
fr7xRV9l.jpg

I use a heavy duty Plastic Sign, I also have the Nice Brass ones from BACO, I checked through the Signs at the Hardware and Found a Type that was Nice n Rigid, That i could also Cut with Scissors, Works GREAT :lewis:

I will mark out singles for just 1 Sheet, anymore quantity and i go to my Paper Cutter
vsUT8xyl.jpg

Simple to make, and get a PERFECT Fitting Patch that Just meets on the 2nd Wrap, with NO over shooting, Better to have a Patch slightly Short than to long. I have “Short Patch” Templates, and Long, These are a Few of them
qenXsVam.jpg

Paper Cutter, I use For High Production Patch Cutting :lewis:
fr7xRV9l.jpg
I have the same one, I like it and it works great.

Latest posts

Back