Parker Ballistic Extreme 275

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
I don't recall which of you fine gentleman put me on to these bullets,but thanks for a great suggestion.I shot 3 groups of 3 shots each from my Pro Hunter using 2F 777 at 90,95 and 100 grains by volume. All the groups were held within 1/2 inch @ 50 yards.I used 777 primers and my small rifle primers for ignition. They also loaded down the barrel with relative ease! Did'nt think any bullet could be more accurate than the Barnes spitzers.Just hope they do the trick for clean kills?

Just hope they do the trick for clean kills?

You'll never have a worry with the 275gr Ballistic Extreme.

That's one fine bullet!

I also tried the Ballistic Extreme and I was impressed and pleased with the accuracy they produced out of my Knight Disc and my Black Diamond XR. I honestly think even with just 4.5x Bushnell on the BD the way they shot, I would take a 150 yard poke at a good broadside standing deer any day. They grouped very tight and seem to shoot real flat.

I'm not sure of the velocity of the above loads.I'm set at 2 inches high at 50 yards with the 90 and 95 grains,2.5 with the 100 grain load.Wonder where I might be at 100 yards? Anyone have a clue?

I hope these are as good as everyone say because I ordered the 275 gr BEs last night. I will find out soon enough.

2 inches high at 50 yards would put you somewhere near on at 100 yards, but to be sure you would have to check it on the range. I was shooting some a while back and was two inches high at 50 yards with them but hit the bottom of the bulls eye at 100 yards.

jsteurrys - I think you will really like them. What rifle are you going to shoot them in? Some of these people on the forum could probably give you a good starting guess at a load..

I will be shooting them out of a Knight Elite SS that I just purchased NIB for $200.00. :D Any recommended loads would be appreciated.

jsteurrys said:
I will be shooting them out of a Knight Elite SS that I just purchased NIB for $200.00. :D Any recommended loads would be appreciated.

No doubt the first thing I'd try is Blackhorn 209... ESPECIALLY if your Knight has a tightish bore...I'm thinking you'll have a winner...

Latest posts

Back