Peach/Strawberry Salsa....or burger topping

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....this works either way but really makes a burger turn a corner.

….or burger topping. Darned good either way.

1 large Peach, still quite firm, peeled and quartered

6 large ripe Strawberries, quartered

1/4 medium sized Red Onion

Juice of 1/2 Lime

scant 1/4 cup of honey

1/2 Poblano Pepper, seeded and sliced

Chop the veggies/fruits into a fine mince. Add the honey and lime juice and blend well. Salt/pepper to taste. Let rest a half hour before using to top grilled burgers OR use it as a salsa for your favorite corn chips. Or both.

Some may like to add a bit of finely chopped cilantro. I’m just not too crazy about it in a fruit type salsa. Some might like a hotter variety of pepper [thought of you GM!]. I tried a serrano the first time and found out in no uncertain terms that Ma prefers a milder pepper.

Tom most of these recipes you post about I think yeah that sounds great I’d like to try that. But this one I think I’d pass. Fruit on a burger to me sounds like a good way to ruin a burger lol. Could be wrong tho it may be amazing.

We had hamburger steaks last night, smothered with this relish and thy were darned tasty. Personally I'd have fired the salsa up some to go with the sweet, but Ma...well, hot wouldn't quite cut it with her. As it was, it was pretty darned good on the burgers without buns.

I hear where you're coming from Mossy.....I was there at one time too. But I've learned to try before writing it off. I tried raw cauliflower even though I can't stand the stuff cooked. Same with raw broccoli and cabbage. I'll eat all three raw and cabbage as sauerkraut, but none of the three cooked. It is ironic that I won't put any kind of sweet pepper on my mouth but I will eat hot peppers raw or otherwise.

Im not a fan of sweet on beef either (most of the time). Ive had a peach mango salsa on fish tacos that was flat out killer. Santa Barbara brand. Sweet topping i normally save for pork and chicken. A pineapple and habanero glaze on chicken or pork being one of my favorites.

I eat homemade kraut like slaw most of the time. Not a fan of it cooked to mush. Cook brats or smoked sausage most of the way on the grill. Finish off in a steamer. Add some kraut near the end just to warm it up. I can eat it stone cold too but that aint bad at all.

I used the last of this peach/strawberry on chicken done on the grill last night and its great on either. I'm more inclined to like a topping that cooks into a glaze, this peach does not. Pineapple based bbq sauces are sinful. I have a recipe for a peach based bbq sauce that cooks to a glaze: its a mop sauce and is blazing hot....Texas recipe. If I can find it I'll post it here.

Latest posts

Back