Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Thinking of getting one of these, actually trying to decide between it and a Lyman 54 Great Plains Hunter twist in the Pedersoli is 1 in 48 versus 1 in 32.  I had originally decided to go with the Lynam but they made the old Hawkens for Cabelas and i didn't like the quality the barrel was still in the white at the muzzle the sights were flimsy so I was second guessing myself anybody own either of these I'd appreciate some feed back thanks.

Apples and oranges. The GPH is a conical gun. The Pedersoli is for a PRB.

Quality is much better on the Pedersoli, but you pay for it.

The pedersoli hawken * the $440-450 version* is horribly cheap looking and feeling. They don't even have a lock panel, its just flush with the stock.

Much better with the lyman. I'd prefer the .54cal great plains with the 1:60 twist for patched balls.

I was talking about the real Hawken version at $1000. Not the Cabelas special.

What is important to you in a nice rifle and your budget?  It's best if you can handle the rifles, put them up to your shoulder and carefully look over the fit and finish.  I've never owned a Pedersoli but have looked them over and they are definitely nice.  I have owned a Lyman (Investarm) Great plains rifle and currently do have a Cabelas Investarm .58 cal. flintlock Hawken.  The quality and fit and finish on them are very nice as well.

I haven't handled the $499 Pedersoli Hawken being offered by Cabelas, but as Jon mentioned, it looks to be their economy version Hawken so look it over carefully.

Back