Peep Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uptracker

Reaction score
New guy here...Hello!

Question: I'm thinking about putting a Williams WRGS peep on my Omega. I would like a large hole though due to hunting really thick northern woods of Michigan where shots can be fast etc. Do you guys just unscrew the tiny holed aperature to achieve a bigger hole?

Many just remove the apature as you thought for low light conditions, as I do. Some just drill the hole out and use them that way.
I think the Williams sight you can buy different apatures for in different sizes. You might ask them.

:D Al

I use a peep an being an ol fella with ol eye's I use the target apperature for range work, the small hole brings the front sight in clear view. no fuzzy images, for hunting I just use a twilight apperature, works great and filling (freezer that is).
Redclub

I just checked the Williams Peep on one of my traditional rifles. With the peep in place it is still fast to aim and point. With the peep removed, the "ghost ring" almost disappears. I personally don't like it as a ghost rifle set up.

Another peep to look into would be a Tru Glow with a fiber optics ghost ring set up. The small fiber optics will help in low light situations and still give you the benifit of the peep in good light. That to me is the one draw back of a peep sight.. low light and they can be hard to sight.

TG958-Large-2.jpg
tru glo gives you the best of both worlds I guess.

You can order a "twilight Peep" directly from Williams. Got one several years ago for $9 plus shipping. It has a larger peep that is outlined with a brass ring. Works for me.

Before that I just used progressively larger drills until I found a size that I liked.

Back