Peep Sights in heavy woods???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uckayak2_mn

Reaction score
How well do peep sights work in heavy brushy woods? I live in MN and we have heavy poplar type forests here. Just curious how hard it is to pick up a target with the peep sight. I have used them out at the range and really liked them. I have always shot open sight while hunting but have seen posts about them on their accuracy. I was just hoping to find some input on them before I make any changes.

Thanks,
Mike

peep sights

If you feel iron sights are necessary for your hunting area a rear peep sight would be an excellent choice. If you are shooting a T/C Pro Hunter,Encore or a Omega the Author Brown co. new rear peep sight
should suit your needs. www.eabco.com

Choc-dog

I've got one on my Renegade , after I mounted it , I realized that the aperature was a little small , great for target , but not for the conditions like you have stated . So what I did was unscrew the aperature and now I use the round hole as the aperature (approx.-3/16 to 5/16 opening), because no matter how big the rear hole is , your eye will automatically center the front sight , so with the big opening it will work great in heavy cover . I believe it made by T/C too . 8)

Thanks Omegaman,

I am going to be adding the Williams aperture sight to my Knight Disc. I am going to order a few different size apertures for it also. They offer a pretty wide selection of the apertures. If none work especially at dusk then I will go aperture-less. We are only allowed scopes here during the regular rifle season so rather than mess around with removing the scope, I figured the aperture would be the way to go.

Mike

Peeps are great,You might want to try the twilight apperature,I use one
and really like it
Redclub

A ghost ring rear and a fiber optic front is just the ticket your looking for.

basically when one goes aperature-less with a peep sight ---it pretty much becomes a ghost ring type sight , and it works well . :wink:

Back