Pellet or Loose powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevcarron

Reaction score
Which is better to shoot? 777 pellets or 777 loose powder? using a 300 gain sabot bullet.

:roll: Thanks

Kev

That will depend on you and your gun. I prefer to use loose, if gives me more options when it comes to load development.

If all you are going to do is hunt a few days a year and maybe two trips to the range.. pellets might be a real good choice. If you want to shoot a lot, save money, and tinker with your loads, then loose powder is the way to go.

cayuga said:
If all you are going to do is hunt a few days a year and maybe two trips to the range.. pellets might be a real good choice. If you want to shoot a lot, save money, and tinker with your loads, then loose powder is the way to go.

I will agree with dave 100% !

I prefur 777 2fg loose , I shoot alot and loose is alot cheaper.

cayuga said:

For hunting that's all you need and it'll do the trick. If however you want to tweak your load and sqeeze every bit of accuracy out of you rifle loose is the way to go. You can adjust you charge up and down a bit to what you need.

Thank you all for your input, I'm planning to just hunt with it. So pellet sounds like the plan to go with.

Kev

Back