Photo Replacement on Threads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
Like some others, I have been wrestling with trying to decide which- if any- threads to 
re-build with pics after those photo bucket creeps showed their butts. 

I found the index here that shows how many views a certain thread has. Based on this, 
I have identified some threads that I will rebuild based on these numbers. "A Florida Hog," for example, 
has been of interest so I will re-build that first when I get time. 

It is no fun for a new member- or an old one looking back for info- to find a disabled thread.
Some of the stuff you guys post is of value so if you were thinking about this, here is a way to 
practically decide what might be best to salvage.

Thanks.

Here's an experience and a suggestion that might save you a whole bunch of effort:

DrkHorse recently got hold of me to ask about the lost pattern photos in my Rainy Day Bag thread.  I was more than happy to repost, and you'll find them there now.

Might be worth posting a sticky about lost photos at the head of each section, suggesting that if folks really want to see the lost photos, they should PM the poster and request a repost.  I'm sure happy to do so when there's interest, and I suspect most of us would be.

Sure save YOU a lot of work and headache trying to decide which to post and which to bypass.

In case you guys don't know it, you can post photos directly from the menu when you write a post. The gizmo that shows a TV and a floppy disc lets you pick from your computer IF THE IMAGE SIZE ISN'T TOO BIG. So downsize the photo with Paint or Photoshop first. Afterwards the instructions are self-explanatory. Even I can do it.

good idea I think I can do an announcement and post it on all the forums about the pictures. Our server however helped out great! They installed a setting that instead of showing that annoying photobucket link, it completely removes the image from the forum and leaves it blank.

good idea I think I can do an announcement and post it on all the forums about the pictures. Our server however helped out great! They installed a setting that instead of showing that annoying photobucket link, it completely removes the image from the forum and leaves it blank.

FrontierGander said:
I noticed that right away.   :Red tup:

Latest posts

Back