Photobucket users

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrontierGander said:
thank you! Those will come in handy! Going to size a few of them and get them up.

Afterward, I will have to go through all my rifle reviews and replace those pictures with the same ones, only from my new photo server. YAY!

PB wants $400 a year in order to do 3rd party photos! Assholes need a new marketing manager if they are that broke.
I just got caught by Photobucket and told the same thing Jon. Pete in time you'll get hammered too.

I need to go to another service and reload some stuff

I've fixed some of my most recent review posts tonight. Talk about fuming after uploading and figuring out what picture went where in the post :evil:  Just going to work on my review threads first and then start getting to other posts that had been of help for others.

I'm rewriting and placing pictures from a different source at this time Jon. I hammered Photobucket and pretty much told them about their heritage (assholes of the lowest level). That will probably delete all my accounts in one fast swipe by them.....

same! I told them they are rapists running a scam. I already downloaded one profile and deleted that account. Starting on the other tomorrow.

By the way guys, I'll be working on the rank images tonight for admin, pro staff, moderator and of course our premium members.

Just read an article on Photobucket and its CEO, John Corpus. When asked if the company expected the backlash, Corpus bowed his head and waited 12 seconds, then answered "No." People have left Photobucket in droves. The big complaint, other than the steep cost, was the way in which the change was implemented.
He claimed that notification emails went out explaining the change, but admitted that most were blocked as spam or ignored. 
The main office, once filled with about 60 employees, is almost empty.
There is a lesson to be learned, here, about treating your customers properly.
Ron

IMO they are most likely selling the company and terms came out, free up bandwidth and make room for the new owners. Just my view, but sounds very logical as they went straight for the users throats with no reasonable solution.

I plan :roll: to go through my forum picture posts and see which ones are worth keeping, and will re-post PB pics with another platform.  
If a particular post of mine is of interest to anyone but no pic shown, just send me a PM and I will re-post the pics for you.

Marty said:
I plan :roll: to go through my forum picture posts and see which ones are worth keeping, and will re-post PB pics with another platform.  
If a particular post of mine is of interest to anyone but no pic shown, just send me a PM and I will re-post the pics for you.

I agree with you and will do the same.

And only a short time ago it was suggested to me that I should consider using PB because my images, as posted were too much for a particular site to 'handle'! I've known PB to be a PITA for years since the folks that run that site change it more often than I change my underwear and that's everyday!!

35133691564_f54aafbd83_z.jpg
Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Now that's a nice looking set, really like the horn. Who did the horn, it is good looking.

Latest posts

Back