Photos of pillar and beding job

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric10ml II

Reaction score
HPIM1419.jpg

HPIM1410.jpg

HPIM1413.jpg

HPIM1422.jpg

HPIM1414.jpg

Thats it for now if you want to see more picture I have a phew more.

Fixed your pictures for ya.
Patrick

:D Looks like a great pillar/bedding job there Eric! Look forward to hearing how it shoots for you.

thanks loggy for a first i think i did not to bad!Cant wait to see how it shoots too! :D

Yes you can pillar a syth. stock. Advantages are compression - in cheaper plastic or wood stocks that compress when tightening the action screws( for the average shooter, anyway). By far glass bedding is seen as the accuracy gaining procedure of the 2 but many just get them both done in wood or synth stock at the same time.

In wood stock they go hand and hand IMHO. However in a plastic syth or tupperware (aka most factory syth. stocks) the glass bedding is the big pay off and often the pillars aren't really required. They never hurt though. Personally on factory plastic stocked rifles I glass bed/free float barrel first then if I feel necessary I will add pillars later.

I never do either before getting a baseline, unless building a custom rifle is the goal. This way you know what it did previous and what the changes amounted to in actual gain.

100 bucks should get you the glass bed (unless you feel comfortable doing it on your own - not real tough but some don't want the bother. If at all leary take it to a good gunsmith.) 100 bucks or so should get you pillars, however it depends on the block used/preferred and process required for your rifle. This also can be done at home but requires more then a bedding kit. For most best left to the professional

Latest posts

Back