Picked up an Omega last night

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boyds stocks are not wood,I think they are laminate.But anyway,it did not hurt it.
It is a laminate of wood and glue. Multiple layers of differently dyed wood wafers and glue in between, compressed and allowed to dry. You want to finish wood, laminate or otherwise you use Tru Oil, Varnish, Shellac, or Permalyn finishes. I apologize for the digression but this is sore subject for me. Oh well I can lead the horse to water...

Will be using BH 209 Powder and have lots of bullets and sabots around will probably start out with my 300 Grain XTPs in a Green Crush rib over 70 Grains weighed BH. Anyone have any loads that shot really well from an Omega. Not trying to cut corners on my load development Just Ideas on anything I might need to try.
My Omega loves the following loads:

77 gr (weight) of BH 209, Win 209 primer, and .452 Speer Gold Dot 300gr. bullet with a Harvester short black sabot, or a .430 Hornady FTX 265 gr. bullet in a Harvester green crushed rib sabot.

My load this year is 84 gr. (weight) of BH209, Win 209 primer, and a .430 Harvester White Lightening 300 gr. bullet in a Harvester green crushed rib sabot.

To be honest, it shoots most of what I stuff down the barrel pretty well.

Spotted a stainless camo stock omega in one of my local shops today. Sticker was 475.00. It’s still there I only went in for powder. Got some Reloder 7 and 17. They had IMR 4198 for 60.00. Left that there also. 😁

Back