Piggies Coming Around More Often

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it became impossible for me to load anything over about 80 pounds. Years ago i made this hanger that fits into the tow hitch. It swivels to load the critter into the bed.

CXg71brl.jpg
That looks great....I made up my winch, just to pick up one end off the ground, and I can swing them onto the tailgate from there pretty easy.
5crIa43l.jpg

xBrwinrl.jpg

Yessiree! Where we lived in Georgia the Oconee National Forest was just down the dirt road we lived on. I deer, squirrel & bobcat hunted there for years and one section of the NF was full of hogs. But I never got around to hunting them. A friend did, though. Go figger.

Labor Day: went to Bear lake up in the Sangre DeCristo Mtns. Took the atv's down the trail about 10 miles. Very rough terrain. Opened up to a beautiful valley. About 2 in the afternoon wind kicked up out of the north and the smoke from Cameron wildfire rolled in really bad. No fresh track. Saw a couple nice rubs near mud pond. As we headed back out eyes burning from smoke and barely see surrounding terrain.
20200907_151408.jpg
Heading back out crossed several streams and boys decided to pan for gold.

Tomorrow or Thursday heading to Spanish Peaks wildlife area....close to the house....do a crap load of walking and check it out.

This morning 9/8 woke up to 34 and rain...supposed to turn to snow this afternoon and Wednesday.
Cold weather is a welcome sight. Crank up the wood stove later and another cup of coffee.

Latest posts

Back