Pistol I.D.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, @Fez

I don’t know if I can help, but your question has been up for several days with only one response.. which came in just seconds ago!

There is a twelve year old thread on the American Longrifles forum discussing inline target pistols. If there are any pictures, they won’t display for me. However, one respondent wrote a lengthy and very informative post, and one of the makers he mentioned was John Mouzon, from Anderson, South Carolina. Mr. Mouzon reportedly based the grip angle of his pistols on the Ruger MKIII Mk678 .22 rimfire pistol. I have two Ruger pistols, I believe one Mark 2 and one Mark 4, but it has been so long since I shot either one, I don‘t recall those details for sure. In any event, the grip shape and angle of your pistol sure looks “Ruger” to me.

The gentleman who posted indicated the Mouzon pistols were championship-grade, and excellent performers.

We are not supposed to post direct links to other forums here, but if you would Google “John mouzon black powder pistol” the first hit on your search will probably be a link to that thread on the ALR Forum. It would be worth checking out.

So, I don’t know if that helps any or not, but maybe it will at least get you started.

Good luck! By all means, let us know what you find. That is an interesting pistol, and it looks like a good choice for some seriously accurate shooting.

Bob Turkeytrack

EDIT: I’m losing my mind. I just took a closer look at your photo, and I’ll be danged if it isn’t signed by J.A. Mouzon! At least we now know where he was based.

Anyone have any insight on this pistol? Who made it? View attachment 37494
Mouton M.L. Match pistol based on the Ruger MK 2 made in the 80s. Had one for my first match M.L
pistol . Have another now. True match grade. Championship winning capable. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Mine has a fine 8oz. Trigger...c

Latest posts

Back