Muzzleloaders site

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I was dinking around this morning and noticed that they say the CVA Optima Pistol is in stock. No idea how dependable the "in stock" is but they say they have them.

I have two now. Don't need another. Thought maybe others might like to know that they're available.

I had a pair of the Traditions in-line pistols and they weren't half of what these CVA pistols are. Man, I wish CVA would get their heads out of their nether regions and make a .45 in this gun. I'd be on a couple of .45s in a heartbeat.

How's the weather over there? I had 67 degrees an hour ago. Beer sure tastes better at these temps we're having.

Muzzleloader pistols are a hoot. I cut down an Encore barrel and made a muzzy pistol out of it. That shot great. I cut the barrel to 16.25" so I could use the barrel as a rifle if I wanted. I ended up selling it.

I had a pair of the Traditions in-line pistols and they weren't half of what these CVA pistols are. Man, I wish CVA would get their heads out of their nether regions and make a .45 in this gun. I'd be on a couple of .45s in a heartbeat.

Good to know, on the Traditions. I’ve heard similar reports before… plus they’re U-G-L-Y! 😂

I HAVE to think that CVA would sell a lot more of these, if they didn’t keep them a secret! When I emailed CVA asking why I couldn’t find them on their website, I got a terse “Discontinued” as a response. Capitalized, but no period afterward.

Through this Forum, I finally figured out that muzzle-loaders.com had them as something like a “Distributor Exclusive,” from time to time.

I’ve got an ever-increasing stable of BP pistols, most of which are patiently awaiting my “getting my butt in gear” and shoot them, as Dad used to say.

The last thing I need is an Optima pistol in .45!

So… put me down for at least one! 😂

Back