Please tell me I did right.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Expecting a Disc Extreme in the mail within a week or so and wanted to get moving on a set of scope rings/bases. I'm partial to the Weaver system but came across a deal on the Durasight webpage.

http://www.durasight.com/Store-View.php?id=557

With shipping came to 14.95. I don't know if they work on the Disc Extreme but figured I could likely return or flip them if they did not work out.

Will these work on the Extreme?

Steve

I do know most Knight in-lines all take the same base pattern. They should work, not much $$ out anyway. The height should be about right, since they advertise the one size for the Knight M-Ls.

Yes they will work but i think the pic is wrong.

I used many of the Durasight QR all steel sets with no real problems. They had 2 piece bases though and they are proprietary. Other Weaver type rings do NOT fit the QR steel bases.

GM54-120 said:
Yes they will work but i think the pic is wrong.

I used many of the Durasight QR all steel sets with no real problems. They had 2 piece bases though and they are proprietary. Other Weaver type rings do NOT fit the QR steel bases.

GM54-120, hope you're right about the pic. That it showed a one piece base was my main concern since I was pretty sure that the Disc guns need a two piece. Worried that maybe the pic is right but the set up is designed for the plunger or break open (Vision, etc.) guns.

Whatever, as muskrat30 noted, at that price I figured why not take a chance.

Wow. GM54-120, you were right, the pic on the Durasight web page was wrong.

P3200519_zps2d290820.jpg

They just arrived. Seem pretty solid. For $15 to my door this seems a great deal. Don't know yet how well they work but they seem real solid.

I have those same rings a two different rifles. They so far are rock solid. And even if I pull the scope to clean they come back to zero. I was a little hesitant because of their price but was so impressed with them, I purchased two more sets just to have around, in the even any other rings on my rifles might fail.

Thanks for the reply and positive endorsement.
I placed an order.

mjac said:
How did they work out for you?

Very good in two ways.

1. They mounted very well and lined up almost perfectly. I have a set of Kokapelli alignment bars (http://www.kokopelliproducts.com/scopeb.html) to make sure the rings were in line. They were.

2. Only two range sessions so far, but same as cayuga, they seem rock solid. All steel.

You have the option of making them quick release or not. I did not care about quick release so I used the torx screws.

A pic on my extreme:

See you made the purchase. I'm sure you will be happy.

Where'd they go??

Hey, what happened to the Durasight website? The link from the OP indicates that the domain name is for sale. Same thing with the link from the CVA website.

Edit - nevermind, either it's fixed or my work internet is messed up. See it at home. Still a great deal!!

The OP link is still working for me. :huh?:

Back