Possible before and after pics of buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snshunts

Reaction score
In looking thru my trail cam pics, I think I've identified the buck I shot this season.

Before:
ICAM0058.jpg

After:
IMG_0134.jpg

Notice the bump on the right base of the 1st pic. I think it is the same as the ridge shown here:
IMG_0108.jpg

I am not sure. I think the deer in the trail cam pic looks very young, compared to the deer you shot. The one you took has a very defined humped nose and appears to be quite a bit bigger in body size. I also count 9 on the cam pic, but 8 on the buck you took. I might be wrong, as i have been many times before, but i dont believe it is the same. Either way, i would love an oppurtunity at either one, and congrats on a fine deer.

Thanks for you thoughts.

#9 point in the after would be the broken brow tine on the RH beam. The before pic shows he has a bit of a pot belly. That pic was in July, so completely different look with the summer coat, no winter fat, no swollen neck, etc. The crab claw on the right and just a nub of a G4 on the left are very similar as well. Of the bucks I have on trail cam, this is the only one that has the same characteristics.

I don't have any side profiles from the trail cam, but here is a head-on after pic showing the similarity in width.
1116070706.jpg

The brow tines are not the same . They are two different bucks and the first one is younger .
Charlie

Back