Powder purchasing. . .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne

Reaction score
I thought I would let you all know, that Black powder purchasing is becoming extremely difficult now. . . . .Huge delays are happening with it.

I usually order between 10 to 15 pounds of Pyrodex 2F from Powder Valley Inc, and I drive down to pick it up. (no hazmat fees!!!).

I used to pick it up the same day I ordered it.. . not now. . .
It changed to 3 day delay. . . Not now. .. .

I now have a 3 WEEK delay for Black powder!!!! All of the rest of the powder is pretty much backordered.

Thought I would pass it on to you all. . .Just in case!

Yep, I have been looking for some H4198 for a couple months now.

Not only scarce, but the Hazmat is jumping to $27.50 per package. :shock:

Keep your hatchet scoured and your powder dry. The day is coming. :evil:

Not trying to step on toes but it may be time to stock up on sulfur dust, and Kno3!

kg6ysf said:
Keep your hatchet scoured and your powder dry. The day is coming. :evil:

Not trying to step on toes but it may be time to stock up on sulfur dust, and Kno3!

Yep! Nothing like SCKN03!. . .It may be dirty, but it works!

Yes sir! I haven't made it in a lot of years and hadn't thought about it in a long time but recent events and this thread sparked my memory. Hell I didn't know I even had one, a memory that is. :shock: Making charcoal is easy and the other two can be had in most garden departments at your local home improvement store or Walmart.
Nope.... No sir can't keep a redneck who payed attention to history, and chemistry class down. 150 years ago they didn't walk into Joe Blo's Sporting Goods and buy powder!

Back