Powder tricklers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowanna

Stupidity knows no bounds but knows many people!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, is it O.K. to use a Hornady powder trickler with black powder? Figured I'd ask you guys first cause you'll tell me straight, google always got some bulls#@! story

Oh jeez, here we go again. 🤣 Yes, manual tricklers are safe (and so are digital scales). Question is, why not just measure by volume?……….
Cause in most sports accuracy/and consistency wins every time you should try it ! And forget jeez most on this site get it ,it's the few left out that don't no matter how many times it's said along
with comprehension !!/Ed

Last edited:
Cause in most sports accuracy/and consistency wins every time you should try it ! And forget jeez most on this site get it ,it's the few left out that don't no matter how many times it's said along
with comprehension !!/Ed
I’m not sure I comprehend some of that post, but I measure some subs occasionally and of course smokeless. I’m willing to bet most guys will see no difference in accuracy (dispersion) by weighing their black powder (or subs for that matter) unless they are very inconsistent in the way they volume measure! Waste of time.

I’m not sure I comprehend some of that post, but I measure some subs occasionally and of course smokeless. I’m willing to bet most guys will see no difference in accuracy (dispersion) by weighing their black powder (or subs for that matter) unless they are very inconsistent in the way they volume measure! Waste of time.
YOU"D LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asking question, here or elsewhere, is the safest component of muzzleloading there is.
Important too is not giving bad info on weighting vs volume ,I see you like me and most interested in the best accuracy hunting or target weight not volume . Volume is for a quik 2nd shot when you didn't weight the 1st ! ED

Oh jeez, here we go again. 🤣 Yes, manual tricklers are safe (and so are digital scales). Question is, why not just measure by volume?……….
Because Mass has a relationship with Energy?
Besides, Avogadro's Number makes me moist.

My Redding stays on the shelf, now. I have the V3 and V4 on my FX 120i scales. {Not My Pic of the V3}
5946e7037ea142c8f5c50001348ea889.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back