Powerbelt for feral pig

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from my hog hunt. Took my ( first time out with a muzzleloader) Wolf 50cal, 348gr HP Powerbelt bullet, 100gr of Pyrodex pellets, and Winchester 209 primer. Had a 30yrd shot and she dropped like a sack of flour. My shot (I was trying for the head ) hit her in the upper left shoulder near the jaw, so I hit alot of bone. I was able to find the bullet, and (frontier gander) it looked just like the bullet in the middle of your second set of photos you sent. The sow dressed out at round 225 so I'm pleased as heck. Probably will go with the aerotip platinum 225 gr. bullets for my Colorado deer hunt in Sept. Cheers.

:lol: Glad to hear it went well for you.

You going to post any pics?

What part of CO? Im hunting either unit 84 or 85 this year, hopefully.

I will as soon as I can figure out the dang photoshop. I'm a newbie at that type of posting. Any help in that department?

Duck I was listning to O'Neill Williams' radio show this weekend and he had been hunting feral pigs in SC last week using muzzle loaders. If you want to see how Powerbelts do watch his show when it airs.

Hey johnpd, thanks for the tip. Is the O'neill Williams radio show syndicated? I live in the Southern part of California and I have a feeling that his show would be a hard find in this part of the country. But thanks just the same.

Yes, its on Sports South, Versus, and now the Persuit Channel. You can listen to his radio show every Saturday morning 4-6am on www.wsbradio.com or go to his web site at O'Neill Outside. PS... He gives away a new muzzle loader every week on the tv and every Sat on the radio in the fall. He also gives away a Pflueger baitcast combo in the spring on both. Also a VisaEndurance base layer outfit with each. I know because I've won one of each.

Latest posts

Back