Practice "DOES" Make Perfect

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caplock1

Reaction score
Practice "DOES" Make Perfect

securedownload1_zpse7a39b48.jpg

Re: Practice "DOES" Make Perfect

:D 

Sure does when it comes to taking DOES  :!:  :!:  :!:  Good shooting partner  :cheers: 

Ray........... ;)

That was a .44 caliber XTP "Straight Through The Heart", and I was to blame.

How far did she move? Even with no pump house left they can go longer than most people think.

My kids hate me when I mess up a deer heart. It's their favorite part of the deer .. my granddaughter's too.

Pato

How do you use/cook the heart. I have never used it in any way. I love chicken hearts and gizzards is it anything like those?

MLN1963 said:
How far did she move? Even with no pump house left they can go longer than most people think.
About 15 or 30 yards.

MLN1963 said:
Pato

How do you use/cook the heart. I have never used it in any way. I love chicken hearts and gizzards is it anything like those?

I normally cut it into cubes together with the kidneys and make a stew with it.

Kinda has the texture of a gizzard.  I usually cut it into rings, throw it in flour salt and pepper and fry it it in a skillet with bacon grease until its browned on the outside and pink on the inside.  Doesn't take long though.  Good stuff.

I do just like Tony. It can be in narrow strips too. Make sure to remove the valves and fat first.

Mark, they're not as good as chicken hearts .. in fact, nothing is as good as chicken hearts.  :no: 
Deer heart doesn't have that nut-like flavor like chicken hearts do. I learned to love chicken hearts in college. They were 12 cents/lb in 1966. Now you can't get them unless you buy the whole chicken.

Just another reason to keep your own chickens !

But what do you do with the rest of the chicken???   :p

Give it to the neighbours , Or donate it to KFC !

Is the heart chewy like chicken heart?

Sort of chewy but not as much.
This thread got me hungry so we had deer heart for supper last night. Yummy.

IMG_0931web.jpg

This is an older photo but you get the idea. Deer heart, butter beans and mustard greens.

Pato no offense but theres not one thing on that table that looks good! Haha

Lima beans look good. Im sure the heart is as well, somethings just taste better than they appear to the eye lol.  Like oysters or snails.

Haha oysters and snails are two more things that will never be seen on my plate! Lol

Latest posts

Back