Pre season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have two types of bugs i have to take care of here. my chokecherries get tent catepillers, i just cut out the tents and throw them 100 yards away in a pile. the gooseberries in the spring as soon as they leaf out get a tiny green worm and i spray them once and they are done and dont come back the rest of the year. all the rest of the plants tolerate what else is out their. a bee man put a 100 hives about 100 yards form my place and i think that helps with a lot of things. the bull snakes eat a lot of things here including garder snakes. a huge bull snake chased a huge garder snake around my yard and finally they went under a shed. only the bull snake came out and he was a lot fatter when he did. we have a lot of voles here and they can do a lot of damage. they killed off a bunch of my mongolian apricot trees a couple of years ago by eating the roots. hate those little bastards.

its nuts around here. spring for a couple of days then winter again. large flock of geese going north over head. thats a good sign. im tired of winter, very very tired of it.

Buck Conner said:
There's nothing like a "Turdbird in every garden.....  ;)   :eek:   :D
They have all been in there the last two days. If I'd get about 20 more, I wouldn't even need a rototiller.

this time last year their was no ice on the local lakes. this year it is 18 inches thick yet. spring will come but i cant take winter anymore.

Back