TK2000 Set-up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got the red jacket primer adapters this wk & my new Red Dot came in today ( it’s actually a 25 moa circle with a chevron on the bottom REALLY SWEET ).
I ordered the wrong rail but 2 of the 3 holes lined up & I had no prob drilling the 3rd hole. I cut off everything ahead of the front lens, leaving the perfect amount of rm to prime & de prime it easily.
Ready to start shooting it now & I’ll review this Lucid Optics M7. My initial impression is that I like it for overall size & weight, the lg lens & FOV.
What I immediately do not like is that it has 11 settings for day & night & is NV compatible but there is no off between the settings & if you are on 11 you need to turn it all the way back to 0 rather than just one more click forward. It does have an auto shut off feature set at 2hrs.
More reviews & updates after I get some shooting done with it. The spring season here starts on 3/18 & me & my turkey hunting brother Anonymouscowherd & I can’t wait for it to arrive.
I think I’ve hooked another guy on turkey hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice looking setup.
What are you planning for loads?
Thank you,
load wise, I'd love to use nothing but TSS. I was given a handful of TSS complete loads but I'm sure they will all get used in initial patterning.
I don't have the funds avail to order more TSS, but I do have 10lbs of trusty old copper plated #4 & shot cups that hold 1 7/8oz of it & all kinds of wads. I'd like to keep the load as simple as possible.
Powder will be T7ff somewhere around 80g. I'm not lookin to dislocate my shoulder with any hotter charges.

Thank you. I am over the moon with it really, & I haven't even fired the first load out of it yet.
Believe me, I'm gigglin like a schoolgirl at what I have in the finished gun. That wouldn't be possible without you.
Not a problem brother glad your tickled with it and I think it'll be a real turkey killer! I'm ready to see some patterns!

I have a Traditions 50 gauge and would love to acquire a smooth bore barrel for it. Contacted Traditions and was told they don’t make them anymore.

I once had a truglo gobble stopper red dot on my sure shot stock 870 supermag, got in a low light early morning situation with a big Tom and all that extra tube made it a disaster. I think you made a good decision with that size optic. Awesome looking rig. Get the recipe figured out and that setup is gonna make you happy 🦃

I once had a truglo gobble stopper red dot on my sure shot stock 870 supermag, got in a low light early morning situation with a big Tom and all that extra tube made it a disaster. I think you made a good decision with that size optic. Awesome looking rig. Get the recipe figured out and that setup is gonna make you happy 🦃
Thanks brother, I looked at a whole lot of diff red dots & reflex optics before I decided on this one. It checks almost all my boxes & it was 43% off which put it within my budget. Its got the biggest lens & FOV for the " mini " sized red dots. I noticed that many lenses were 20mm-22mm & they looked like looking through a straw.

Thanks brother, I looked at a whole lot of diff red dots & reflex optics before I decided on this one. It checks almost all my boxes & it was 43% off which put it within my budget. Its got the biggest lens & FOV for the " mini " sized red dots. I noticed that many lenses were 20mm-22mm & they looked like looking through a straw.

Ill have to show you how to ignnore the sight body - you dont look thru the tube dots like I have as if they are a scope. Both eyes open. Takes a little bit of getting used to

We have a shotgun muzzleloader forum now ! Yay!
Niner, Try those TSS loads yet?

I did btw just post an idea I had for offering TSS loads on the shotgun forum.
G

Hopefully this season will be my first turkey kill where a ramrod is involved!!!!
Been using Burris Fastfire 3’s on my TK’s. Small footprint. Next to none field of view obstruction.
Has been very dependable.

OT, Where’s the ramrod on those pieces? :roll: Nice birds. My TK nailed a 26 lb’r double beard last spring.

We have a shotgun muzzleloader forum now ! Yay!
Niner, Try those TSS loads yet?

I did btw just post an idea I had for offering TSS loads on the shotgun forum.
G
Yay is right, I’m elated that we now have a BP Shotgun forum.
When you messaged me about it, I guess my reply was a lil bit weird & funny bc I thought that you started an independent BP Shotgun forum. Either way, it’s fantastic & im looking forward to being a small part of seeing it grow.
Im
Looking forward to your wealth of knowledge & experience with the TK’s too.
No, I’ve saved the loads you sent me. I wanted to acclimate myself with the gun & also see what I could make happen with the copper plated #4 shot I have in these 3” shot cups first.
I broke a rib in my chest on my right side just inches down from my armpit, so I’m holding off on shooting the TK until a wk before my spring season starts on 3/18 to shoot it again. Then I’ll fire a cpl of your loads out to 50yds & load up & hunt with what’s left.
I’ll get pics posted of the plated #4 shot patterns later today.
I found a new use for all of the old Christmas wrapping paper - shotgun patterning paper.

Latest posts

Back