Price Check from the Pros

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl52

Reaction score
Okay I have a Cabelas Hawken a friend wants me to sell for him. I will post pics but its a 54 Caliber Hawken. Its like new and he only shot it one time. Bore is nice and shinny. Wood on it is pretty darn nice I think. What is it worth do you Gents think. Im not sure how old it is but I know its at least 10 years.

Maybe $275 to 300 tops. Cabelas got like TC in the end and started putting huge price tags on them and they were not selling. Now cabelas sells the cheap model Pedersoli to take this rifles place.

Al, I agree with Jon.  If it was a .58 it would be worth more because they are a little harder to find.

Thanks Joe
Im going to give him some feed back and see what he says. I know it isn't a high want item. Al

Is it the Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Percussion Rifle, they retail for $599.00 new.

Traditions™ Hawken Woodsman Percussion are $100.00 less with flintlocks $50.00 less than that.

See either one once in a while in the Bargain Cave for half that amount. ​
Jon they are still selling both guns according to the Gun Library this morning. 

Just saw this posting and then the phone rang - Cabela's Gun Library has a customer with a few antique guns he wants to get information about (never know what's coming through the door this time of the year). He on his way over here.....

I know late here but as of late I have seen $250 to $450 Again condition and age. The ones out of the 70s and 80s are bringing the higher if in decent condition.

Prices seem to run higher than around me. (S.E. Mich.) I was just at a small local gun show and I ran across these prices. TC Renegade 50 cal. good condition-$135.00, TC Hawken .50 cal. good conditon-$135.00, TC Hawken .50 cal. very good condition-$150.00 In the past few years I've paid $160.00 for my Investarms .54 cal Hawken and $95.00 for a like new Traditions .50 cal Hawken Woodsman. I've had a .50 cal TC Hawken posted a couple of times on a local forum for $150.00 and never got a single response.

Back