Prices have risen on muzzle loading weapon kits.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Muzzle loading weapon kits rifle & pistol prices have just went up again. Labor not included.

HAWKEN
Bridger Hawken Half Stock - Price: starting at $862.69
Hawken Half Stock – Price: starting at $849.10
J&S Hawken Full Stock – Price: starting at $958.20

H.E LEMAN
Leman Indian Trade Rifle Half Stock - Price: starting at $715.48
Leman Indian Trade Rifle Full Stock - Price: starting at $746.77
Leman Squirrel Rifle Half Stock - Price: starting at $741.88

POOR BOY
Poor Boy Full Stock - Price: starting at $791.16

H.E. LEMAN NW TRADE GUN
NW Trade Guns - Price: starting at $740.41

TRAPPER PISTOL
Trapper Pistol - Price: starting at $457.73

ALL KITS AVAILABLE IN FLINTLOCK OR PERCUSSION – IN EITHER RIGHT & LEFT HAND

Different ones as we are always looking for the best quality, all depends who has what is needed and the piece is in stock. Sometimes it's the Hawken Shop, Muzzleloader Supply or Track Of the Wolf oe another supplier. Once in a while we find what is needed from a small shop that can help out. 

Quality is always Number One when building good quality firearms.  :ttups:

Once in a while a supplier can furnish everything needed, then finds they are missing a few items that's when we are looking else where for individual pieces. You never know until its time to order parts. Some of the larger firms have wonderful websites, and catalogs that make you feel they are well stocked and when we start buying they run out faster than one would think (this has always a problem).  :Questuon:

Buck its not just the semi custom rifle suppliers but the basic kits from people like Traditions. They make nice shootable entry level guns that if properly cared for will last a lifetime. But I cannot see how some of the kits they offer are worth 3-400+ dollars.

They still come with beechwood stocks and the lowest quality triggers and locks. They work but they are not up to the high dollar locks. They do have smooth barrels. I have looked down several with bore lights and they are slick. Slicker and smoother that the Lyman/Investarm barrels I have seen.

I have a Traditions Springfield Hawken I bought from Bass Pro back in the middle 1990s for $105 for the kit. The finished rifle was only $130 at that time.  Now that finished rifle sells for $299 at Muzzle-Loaders.com

Maybe I am just living in the past.

WOW, like they say "if there's a market for it, raise the price", boy that's the truth on anything anymore.

Latest posts

Back