Prices on Savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkstalkr

Reaction score
Ok guys. I am already doing some price checking for next season.

What is the cheapest savage you can get? Blue barrell/wood stock or blue/synthetic? I just need whatever is cheapest and where is the best place to get one?

Also have a buddy that wants a stainless/synthetic. How much are those running?

I believe me and him are both going to buy smokeless for next year.

The Blue/synthetic I think is the cheapest! I would check with RW and see what he has. Mine is the stainless w/synthetic stock. If I get another one it Will have the laminated stock on it! Ron :D

elkstalkr said:
Ok guys. I am already doing some price checking for next season.

What is the cheapest savage you can get? Blue barrell/wood stock or blue/synthetic? I just need whatever is cheapest and where is the best place to get one?

Also have a buddy that wants a stainless/synthetic. How much are those running?

I believe me and him are both going to buy smokeless for next year.

I think one the cheapest places to pick up any of the Savage models is Midsouth Shooters and they don't rape you on the shipping. They pretty much charge real shipping cost which is about 10 bucks. I just picked up a Stainless/Laminate for $504 + ship = $513 & some change.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

Lee Woiteshek said:
Was that price for the model with the accutrigger?

Everything Savage is putting out now is Accu-Trigger and has been for a couple of years.

FYI, Midsouth Shooters Supply went up to $520 after I got mine but will still be cheaper than most places because of true cost shipping.

Get ahold of Kelsey at http://luvtohunt.com/index.htm Tell him that Mark Sutton told you to get ahold of him about one. I am not sure what his current price is, but a few months ago when somebody else asked the same question he had the best price.

cheapest i found was $399 for blue/ black stock,open sights, at Natchez shooters

oper2nyst said:
cheapest i found was $399 for blue/ black stock,open sights, at Natchez shooters

Hold on to your pants when they sock the shipping to ya tho. :cry:

dwhunter said:
I've noticed that Natchez' shipping is kinda on the high side for just about anything. Out of curiosity, how much do they get for shipping on a muzzleloader?

Nic_58 said:
dwhunter said:
I've noticed that Natchez' shipping is kinda on the high side for just about anything. Out of curiosity, how much do they get for shipping on a muzzleloader?

$17 to my Zip in Arkansas. Midsouth was a little over $9.

I just purchased 1 from Natchez-SS-laminated 532.34 delivered to my door,I think it was 17.00 shipping to Ill.
cliff

elkstalkr,
you may be able to get a Savage 10ML-II for a few bucks less at Midsouth or Natchez and we all like to save when we can , but why not show your appreciation and give RW the business. He has done more to promote the Savage 10ML-II than any one I know and he has earned it. He has also provided us all with un-limited info pertaining to the Savage 10ML-II at no charge. I don't recall Midsouth or Natchez ever doing that. As far as your local gun store goes good or bad if we quit patronizing these places to save a few bucks on our shooting supplies it wont be long before you will have to drive a long distance to get a box of primers or just look at a new gun and we will not have a choice but to order them off the net.
I for one feel that RW has earned it. I have personally ordered (3) Savage 10ML-IIs from him and his prices are fair and the customer service is great along with all the free info. IMO I think we should give credit where credit is due! Pocampo

Hi Tom,

I appreciate the generous comments. I've been selling them for $545 delivered with a free DVD, so that is either $12 more than the very cheapest-- or $15 less, depending on how you choose to view it. I suspect the main reason I sell so many is some folks prefer to buy from someone that has at least shot one, and for the tech support after the sale. :wink:

But, it doesn't matter to me so long as they enjoy what they get. Any gunshop will be happy to tell you that guns, including muzzleloaders, are generally a break-even or losing proposition. The margin is in boots, other clothing, accessories, etc.-- not in the rifle itself.

What I personally would like to see is more local dealers stocking them, along with all the right powders and bullets as a one stop shop. That would make getting into it a bit more convenient than it is now for most folks. There's so much more $$$ in pellet sales than a pound of 5744, that it seems few proshops are willing to keep 10ML-II's on hand. Many apparently won't bother to make a phone call to bring one in from a distributor, which is how most make it to market.

If they had any idea how badly they were really missing out, their attitudes would likely change. :think:

I have yet to see where the lowest price comes with great customer service, tech support, warranty, retun policy,service after the sale, volumes of free info pertaining to the purchase and a knowledgeable sales representative to explain it all to you along with any new product developments on the horizon.

I feel that most dealers do not stock the Savage 10ML-II (SMOKELESS) muzzleloader because of all the other paraffinalia that they can sell along with the BLACK POWDER muzzleloaders that the Savage 10ML-II doesn't require. So it boils down to all the related sales and the almighty dollar. They could care less about promoting Smokeless Muzzleloading and the black powder manufacturing community (guns&related products) also support this.

It's always about the money!!

Why not shop where you get the most for your money and support those that take care of you and also promote the sport of Smokeless Muzzleloading and more particular the "Savage 10ML-II" the King Of The Muzzleloaders.
Pocampo

Pocambo
I Agree with you 100%. My next one will come from RW.
I wish it could be a Blue/Walnut/ In my mind they look and feel the best.
But then I am a great grand dad and what do old guys know :wink:
Redclub

Randy,

Do you sell the Sythetic/Blue? Thats the model I want. If so, how much?

If I would have known RW was selling the Savage I probably would have conisdered looking at him-but being new to this game I was looking at Doug's message boards befofe I found this site-they are selling it locally but for 599.00+tax if I can save over 100.00 dollars by shopping on the net ,I'm going to buy on the net-and they had my rifle to me in 2 days.RW-I still need other eqiptment,what else do you sell?What part of Il. are you from?I am in adams county on the Mississippi.
cliff

Back