Prince.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
Enough already with Prince. Isn't there any other news going on in the world?

I never liked the guy, or his music.

He was kind of a strange freeky gay type.  Not much use for him or his tunes.

Seeing how he got sick on a flight that had to make an emergency landing, My guess is he was having a heart attack. Some folks get bad gas, heart burn or just don't feel well and bam! heart attack in the works.

You never know with music/actors however. Most will say its drugs but you never know for certain.

John Neslen said:
Really Pete, it was music? :roll: 

John
To some it was. Do I need to think like you? His music never stirred any emotion in me, and that's what music should do.

I'm not talking so much about his music as the endless coverage on news and especially the political channels. Which I watch a lot. Luckily I always have a channel that reruns all the Gunsmoke shows. Matt Dillion vs Prince? Easy choice.

FrontierGander said:
Seeing how he got sick on a flight that had to make an emergency landing, My guess is he was having a heart attack. Some folks get bad gas, heart burn or just don't feel well and bam! heart attack in the works.

You never know with music/actors however. Most will say its drugs but you never know for certain.
It was drugs on the flight. He had overdosed on Percocet. They had to do some quick tricks to save his life ... for 5 days. They said he was a Jehova's Witness. I thought they weren't supposed to drink or do any drugs.

Merle Haggard got less coverage and he was great. Never cared for Prince. Im with you Pete Matt Dillon or Prince easy choice. Al

I have nothing against the individual "star" or "musician." I do object to them being put on a pedestal, lavished with adulation and praise, and followed like they are some kind of enlightened prophet. And, I despise the weight that is put on their political, social and philosophical opinions, regardless of which side of the aisle.
Hey, if I sell several million recordings, then suddenly I am brilliant, with people hanging on my every word. :evil:
Ron

Although I was never a fan of his genres of music, Prince was nonetheless great at what he did.  It is unfortunate however that the news media honors the highly subjective entertainment industry.

From reports of those who knew him, he was a good, decent human being who 
did a lot to look out for others. I think it is good that people are coming together 
to celebrate that.

His music helped define an era. And, a lot of memories of what I lived through are 
sound tracked by his sound. Many people feel that way.

As for looking strange, well, have you looked at the get-ups we wear to rendezvous? 
Frontier Gander's recent photo shoot would get a few comments at the local Walmart. :geek:

Latest posts

Back