Pulled my old bow out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
I was just wanting to get use to the sights again. Been about 5 years since I shot it. I had the draw brought down to 56lbs due to a bad shoulder. A lot has changed, my shoulder feels stronger. Thinking of bringing the draw up a few. 30 shots total my biceps are feeling it. 

20ft just to get use to the sights
CEAEF870-CEE6-4420-8F0B-E7F134C8EA14_zpssx5bf6fl.jpg

3A2F7C90-DC5B-4CFE-99CB-0B48F62ED2F7_zpsczkvboob.jpg

Little playing with the sights
DC84128C-CB38-418D-9ED8-74F5754D979E_zpsleuyfyyv.jpg

If I was you i'd shoot the 56lbs for awhile to build up some strength. Then increase it slowly. You have all summer.

I agree with Muley, pulling two much will wreck your form and cause other issues. Plus typically you will only gain 2-3 FPS per pound. So unless you are going up over 10 pounds it won't make much difference. I have found it takes about a 30 FPS change to see any real difference with pin gap.

going try to get out and shot it 5 times a week for a little while. can't do 7 days, bowl two days. use a 15lbs ball, could be why it seems a little easier.

I bowl league two times a week right now, one day a week in the winter. maybe why I feel like the draw weight is low now.

already asked for a crossbow for christmas. going to ask for a new bowling ball for my birthday :Hide:

why do I pick pricy hobbies lmao

Latest posts

Back