Question about triggerguards.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

Reaction score
Does anyone else here dislike the Dimick or Vincent style trigger guards with the extra middle finger hook below the hoop? It is pretty annoying to me especially when using the set trigger. I got rid of them on a TC Hawken and a CVA Mountain Rifle that I refinished. I'm not planning on doing anything major to a Traditions Hawken I just picked up but might change the trigger guard or at least cut the hook off.  I find it diffiicult to use the set trigger unless I reposition my grip completely

im the opposite, i like the ohio trigger guard, double hooks. the single hook like the thompson is michigen style. if you dont like the hooks, just cut them of and blend in with a file and emery paper. sorry for the miss spelling.   or make your own trigger guard from mild steel flat bar.

I like that hooked trigger guard. I think it would feel odd without it. All my rifles except my kentucky are like that.

I'm not a fan of the hooked guards either. My fingers are so gosh darned thick they won't go down into them, so they're just decorations for "autneticity." And one more thing to snag in our tight brush.

They do look bad, but are handy for keeping the butt against the shoulder.

Latest posts

Back