Question about tupperware stock on Savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico

Reaction score
Just got back from the gun store and have a question for you guys. I found the laminated savage just too heavy but I really liked the stainless camo synthetic. found the weight and balance a lot better for me. My question is the synthetic stock as bad as some people say and does it make it any less accurate or any more difficult to work up loads for?

Rick

I do not claim to be an expert in any sense of the term. I like my laminated stock but many other MLII users have synthetic factory stocks and shoot quite acceptable groups, especially on deer in the field.
I would get what you like and feels good to you. You would never have a problem selling the laminate stock and the synthetic ones can be purchased quite reasonably. Someone would probably trade you with money to boot.

It really boils down to what you like and the conditions you will be hunting in or shooting in. I personally have one laminate on the White S91 and synthetic stocks on the Rem 30-06, Rem 870 and Encore. The synthetic stocks don't swell in cold wet weather either. I do like the weight of the laminate and don't like the hollow sound of the synthetics so each has its good and bad features.

Latest posts

Back