QUESTIONS ON CLEANING BREACH PLUGS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAX

Reaction score
OK guys...I've searched but I can't find the thread..help me out with this...I've read about (but didn't retain!!) guys using drill bits to clean carbon out of their breach plugs.... I shoot T/C Encores and Omegas...what size bit do you use on these plugs, and do you clean from the primer side or the powder side (or both)...also, do you soak your plugs in something prior to cleaning them? NOTE: I've been shooting BH209 and have noticed alot of black around the primer area when using Federal 209A primers. The new Endeavor, however, is squeaky clean outside after use. Thanks for any input...this forum has been such a big help to me over the past few months.

I use one size under 1/8 inch then shooters choice bore cleaner.
Use the bit by hand, no drill.
I have mine epoxied in a plastic dowell and keep it in my mb box.

Primer side with the drill bit and an under size nipple pick for the flash hole.
Pipe cleaners and solvent can be helpful also.

A 1/8 titinium drill and a 10 dollar walmart flash light battery operated screw driver. Very quick, handy and compact enough to go right in the shooting box. Lee

I swoosh them around in hot water and Dawn dish liquid,use a Q tip then blow it out with air compressor.

Charlie

Latest posts

Back