Quiver Noise

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshall9779

Reaction score
For those that normally hunt with their quiver attached to their bow please read.
I was shooting some this past weekend and kept thinking man my bow seems loud. I don't know why I thought to remove my quiver, which was empty anyway, but I did and man what a huge difference. It was hard to believe that all that noise was coming from my empty quiver. It's probably not as bad with 3 arrows in it after taking one out for a shot. Just an FYI to try shooting with and without your quiver attached to see if there is a noticeable difference.

I decided to pickup a tree mount for my quiver that I can screw into a tree, take my quiver off my bow and have securely mounted to the tree withing reach if a follow up shot is needed. I picked up the Kwikee Kwiver Bracket Caddy from Bass Pro. Seems like it should work great.

I never shoot with a quiver attached to the bow. I found a long time ago that the point of impact was different with the quiver on the bow. Plus it adds weight which can become a factor when holding on a deer.

I never shoot with mine on. I only attach it to walk to or from my stand.

Out here in Montana most of my bow hunting is from the ground. I work part time in the archery department of a local sporting goods store. I have seen a lot of loose quiver mounts that have contributed to noise.

I only hunt with mine on while stalking, otherwise I remove it while hunting on the ground or from a stand. I did practice shooting with it on and loaded with my hunting arrows, just to check the POI, its the same on my setup.

I got rid of the attached quiver all together just for the reason's mentioned above. I now use a Rancho Safri Cat Quiver. It slips over my back and you never knows there and its quiet too.

Back