RANGE DAY WITH THE NEW 40 CAL. 20"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
RANGE DAY WITH THE NEW 40 CAL. 20"

Well got everything ready last night and took her out today for the first the range session.  The load was 10/50, 4759/10X, and the bullets were the SST's 200 gr. After sighting in at 50 yrds, I took her out to 100 yrds. First shot was left and a bit high, adjusted down and right, and fired another shot, whihc is next to the bull on the right, adjusted left, and she was there. Not counting the first shot there are five shot in the center group. I did loose some speed, around 40 to 50 FPS with the short barrel, but by going up two grains on the main charge, I should be around 2800 FPS next time. The average speed today was 2715 FPS. This one is also a shooter. Pato to answer your question on the other thread, you must have read my mind about selling one of the 40 cal.'s, because that is what I was thinking. Don't know which one yet. Here is the target.
DSCF2951_zpsy7x36ugr.jpg

Re: RANGE DAY WITH THE NEW 40 CAL. 20"

That is some great shooting especially for a new barrel that's not even broke in! This one is gonna be a real shooter  :shooter: Gotta love the 40's :)

Greg

Love it when the first outing goes like that. Great shooting Carlos....

:ttups: :ttups: :ttups:

As usual, your shooting is second to none. Good luck with that new toy.

Ray.......... :shooter:

Latest posts

Back