Range results 2 vs 3f T7 in Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried 2 f awhile ago and was extremely impressed with both accuracy and consistency.I was curious to see what if any velocity loss might occur.Well my Chrony showed there was some loss.My deer load was 70gr 3f under a 240 Hprnady .430 cal in a Harvester sabot. Velocity was 1725 fps.70 of 2f gives 1650 fps and gives superb accuracy, less fouling and amazing consistency in group size and point if impact. My thumper load was 80 of 3f under a .430 300 gr XTP, Harvester sabot and a velocity of 1660 fps. 80 of 2f gave 1615 fps with accuracy etc. as with the 240 loads.Bumping 10 grains more with each bullet restored nearly all the lost velocity but with even better accuracy and in the case of the 300/90gr load gave 3 (consecutive) shot velocity readings as follows 1645, 1646 , 1645 fps. I'll take that any day! I believe switching to 2f is a no brainer.Just from the accuracy and consistency angle alone but throw in less of a crud ring and an overall cleaner burn ( a VERY big surprise) and any lingering doubt vanishes quickly.

I know its expensive but try some BH209, I will be shooting that as long as they make it and nobody comes up with something better. Lee

Latest posts

Back