Rate of twist in CVA Optima V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach.trumble

Reaction score
Can't find it in my manual or on CVA website. I thought I read somewhere it was 1:28"

I know it has a 26" barrel.

Anyone know the twist rate?

Thank you for your time.

Re: Rate of twist in CVA Optima V2

zach.trumble said:
Can't find it in my manual or on CVA website. I thought I read somewhere it was 1:28"

I know it has a 26" barrel.

Anyone know the twist rate?

Thank you for your time.

Yes, 1:28

Its amazing (shameful) that CVA leaves that critical piece of info out. I too looked everywhere for it. Its not in the manual or marketing or anything. Its like the first thing a shooter wants to know. Anyway, Chuck Hawks is a good read on the gun.

Last edited:
5 year old post. Maybe back 5 years ago they didn't have the 1:28 on the barrel.

CVA has been putting the twist rate on inline barrels for ages. Here is one on an Optima Pro. Those came out before the "V1" or V2. It might be under the stock on newer models.
10803299_06_cva_optima_pro_v2_lr_50cal_bla_640.jpg

cva-optima-rate-of-rifling.jpg

FYI, 2007 CVA Buckhorn .50 cal has 1:28 twist rate & also 2015 Accura V2 & 2016 Accura MRs have 1:28 twist rate. All stamped or printed on the barrels.

I also believe that these rifles are very accurate and excellent for deer. The CVA year of manufacture is the last 2 digits of the S/N on these models.

Back