Re: Shameless plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doe Harvested

My son and I got out today! The weather went from 11* yesterday, to a balmy 58* :shock: 8)

I was loaded the 45cal Disc Elite with 120g BH209 and 200g Shockwave with Tan Sabot 8)

Anyways, We set up a new ladder stand before daybreak this morning. I got to sit in it, and Tim went to another site about .25 miles away. Didn't see anything but birds and squirrels til about 10am. Had 2 does fly by at mach-3, about 80yards to my right. So I figured somebody was pushing them my way. I kept scanning that side, and about 10min later a mature doe came sneaking thru, walking very slowly. I waited til she broke into a small opening and took the shot. She stumbled and lurched about 10yards, and I lost sight of her from some big cotton wood trees. I didn't see her go past the big trees, so I figured she was down.

My son came back and we walked over ta see if we needed to do some tracking...Nope! She had wobbled around in a little 30yard circle and dropped 15yards from the initial shot. :)

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

Maybe next time well get to see the big buck... :wink:

Re: Doe Harvested

lane said:
My son and I got out today! The weather went from 11* yesterday, to a balmy 58* :shock: 8)

I was loaded the 45cal Disc Elite with 120g BH209 and 200g Shockwave with Tan Sabot 8)

Anyways, We set up a new ladder stand before daybreak this morning. I got to sit in it, and Tim went to another site about .25 miles away. Didn't see anything but birds and squirrels til about 10am. Had 2 does fly by at mach-3, about 80yards to my right. So I figured somebody was pushing them my way. I kept scanning that side, and about 10min later a mature doe came sneaking thru, walking very slowly. I waited til she broke into a small opening and took the shot. She stumbled and lurched about 10yards, and I lost sight of her from some big cotton wood trees. I didn't see her go past the big trees, so I figured she was down.

My son came back and we walked over ta see if we needed to do some tracking...Nope! She had wobbled around in a little 30yard circle and dropped 15yards from the initial shot. :)

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

Maybe next time well get to see the big buck... :wink:

Congradulations on your harvest 8)

I notice not much blood at all for snow being on the ground. Is that normal with the 200grn SST?

Thanks Grouse

That hot blood was just leeching right thru the snow quickly. Here is another pic of the pools of blood right at the shot impact area.

blood.jpg
[/img]

This shot was back a little on the deers right side, quartering away, bullet went thru the liver and jellified one lung. 8) This bullet was going about 2450fps

Most times they just keel over on the spot on a straight thru double lunger :wink:

Back