Re: Shameless plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOoooo that's why I agree with Lee on this, that we have to get these Shockwaves/SST's going from 1950-2200fps (Nimrod and I 2450fps for the long shots) Gotta wind'um up, a let fly, ta get the best performance. Which in my book, simulates a high speed 30 cal rifle wound and knock down power.

Good info guys. Big Brown dropped off my .45 cal Disc Elite this afternoon. I asked the driver if he was busy, he said "I don't know if we will get it all delivered by Christmas". Guess so. My Leupy is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. Haven't deceided on the mounts yet, I have some Weaver Grand Slam bases and some Warne Maxima QD's in medium height on hand, so that may be the way I go. I think I could probably get away with low height since those Grand Slam bases are so dang high.

I got her all cleaned up and the bore looks perfect, the only thing that worries me is the crown is cut slightly lop-sided. Most people probably wouldn't even notice, but I am admittedly anal when it comes to precision, I work with tolerances of .0001". I will shoot it before I do anything to it, it may shoot just fine. If not I will re-crown it. The rest of the rifle looks perfect, and I am VERY happy that I snagged one. That tapered barrel makes it much lighter than I expected. The forked recoil lug is a mystery, but from all reports it may be where some of the accuracy comes from.

Wish I had some more of those White G Series Leupold QR bases, the two fronts work great on my .50 caliber Disc Extreme MHC.

Lane,

Do you still have those cross sectioned bullets, I would love to see a pic if you have one?

Those were some of the initial prototype bullets from Hawk. They have settled on an offering and hope to have it out in Feb. Can't wait...

Well I couldn't make it out today :(

So will try tomorrow with my son, ta see if we can harvest a buck or two 8)
Gonna be cold again, but we can take it :shock: :lol:

Got mine today also... what kind of jag are y'all using for the 200 SW?

jag

TC makes one just for the SW in .45 cal. I use it on my starter and I have a .45 cal spin jag on the ramrod
Wayles

That's what I thought... just ordered one about a minute ago,,, :lol:
Fin, Feather, and Fur has them for $199... shipped to my door for $213 I believe it was. I figured that was a fair price to play around with one of these babies... :D

Was that for a stainless????

I am shocked by this. I was told by FFF that they were out of them - that was back in June!

Took a nice doe with 100 grains of BH209 and a 200 grain shockwave at 167 yards lasered. Bullet went between the ribs on the left side missing bone and I could fill the entrance hole with my pinkey perfectly. Bullet struck the rib on the opposing side and created a .50 cent piece hole through the ribcage. Deer ran off and dropped in sight but no hair nor blood. Two nights later hit one at 140 in the ribcage catching bone on both and a blind man could have tracked it. I think a bonded bullet would be nice at the speeds that BH209 can drive them at. Just my .02.

Corpe Nimrod said:
Took a nice doe with 100 grains of BH209 and a 200 grain shockwave at 167 yards lasered. Bullet went between the ribs on the left side missing bone and I could fill the entrance hole with my pinkey perfectly. Bullet struck the rib on the opposing side and created a .50 cent piece hole through the ribcage. Deer ran off and dropped in sight but no hair nor blood. Two nights later hit one at 140 in the ribcage catching bone on both and a blind man could have tracked it. I think a bonded bullet would be nice at the speeds that BH209 can drive them at. Just my .02.

Was that a 50 or 45cal rifle U were shooting?

Nimrod, it was the SS/black composite... they may have mistaken the .45 Elite's for the SS/black MHC .50's they had on sale. I'm pretty sure those have been gone for a while. I believe they still have a rash of these .45 Elites on hand.

flint head said:
Nimrod, it was the SS/black composite... they may have mistaken the .45 Elite's for the SS/black MHC .50's they had on sale. I'm pretty sure those have been gone for a while. I believe they still have a rash of these .45 Elites on hand.

That makes me feel bad. I honestly thought these rifles were no longer available NIB from any where....

That was a .45 but I'm 2 and 2 on the season thus far. 2 with a 45 elite and 2 with a 50 elite. When shooting the .50 I am aiming for the brachial-plexus and so far the results have been great. Bullet has impacted where the spine attached to the head end of the ribcage and they go right to the earth. Unfortunately, both of them needed a finishing shot as the paralysis drops them in their tracks (no tracking) but they can live quite a while that way. I am hoping to move a little lower next time so that I clip the top of the lungs. That should finish them quicker.
9 days left and then it's another whole year to go :cry:

I ordered my .45 cal Disc Elite (SS/Black Synthetic) last friday 12-19, it was delivered yesterday, monday 12-22. FFF told me it was the last one they had in the box in the back. They said there was one more on display. Guess it wouldn't hurt to call.

I just picked up some more .45/.40 SST-ML saboted 200 grainers today. The in box ad card states they have the "Patented Flex Tip Design", but the tips are the sharp hard red plastic just like the old ones I have.

The last couple of years the .50/40 Shockwaves have a more rounded yellow tip, but it is still hard plastic.

I haven't seen any of the 200 grainers with the soft rubbery tips. I have seen guys write about them in the 250 and 300 grainers.

I think Natchez SS still has some of these rifles but they want the original price for them... around $400.

Latest posts

Back