Recoil on a TC encore pro hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck hunter

Reaction score
Iam thinking of buying a TC encore pro hunter 50 cal ML, a guy told me they kick like hell, can anybody please let me know if there is a difference between a TC encore, and other muzzle loaders?

I have a T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER it bights a little when shooting 150 grains but I found that 100 grains of triple 7 ffg and a 300 grain Shock Wave shoots best out of mine

kickin

I tookmy new TH pro to the range. Shot 15 shots, shot 120 grains T7 and w/ the Pro and that recoil pad I wasn't sore. No worse than shooting a round of sporting clays. If you don't want kick load start at 85 grains or better yet look at the advice on Pro loads in this site. These guys know what up. HuntSafe

Buck Hunter,

What rifles do you currently shoot so that maybe we can give you a comparison to? Keep in mind the TC Encore Pro Hunter has a limb saver stock that reduces recoil by over 40%. On the older TC Encore and most other ML rifles do not have this nice feature. I have a Pro-Hunter that I shoot 3 ? T7 Pellets and a 250 grain Shockwave and it to me kicks less then my older Encore with 2 pellets and a 300 grain Shockwave. I might compare the kick of my Pro-Hunter with this load to maybe a .270 or a .280. I have a Browning A-Bolt Gold Medallion in a .280 and I think they kick about the same in my opinion. Keep in mind that 3 ? T7 Pellets or 150 grains of powder is the max for most ML?s and is really a lot of over kill for most hunting situations and shooting distances.

Curtis

The millions of buffalo that were shot were taken with the equivelant of a 45-70. Why anyone wants or needs to shoot 150 grains is beyond me. 100 to 120 grains is a good load and won't kick the bejeezus out of you. Just my .02, so don't everyone come down on me... :lol:

You are right and like I stated 3 ? T7 pellets or its equivalent is probably over kill for most shots and distances encountered, but a lot of us have the Nikon Omega BDC scope that is calibrated for out to 250 yards and needs these stout loads to work correctly. I like to work with a single bullet and accurate load per gun instead of jumping around between bullets. It is nice to know if I need to take a really long shot, that I can laser the distance and that I know what my rig will do. These BDC scopes work as advertised if they are used probably. I have had my combination for 2 years now and have taken seven Missouri deer with it and have no complaints. The limb saver stocks makes the Pro-Hunter with such stout loads feel like most other ML?s with much lighter loads was my only initial point.

Curtis

coh-1 I shoot a knight LK 93 50 cal ML with 90 grains of powder or 3 pellets of triple 7 with a 250 grain shockwave. you stated that the new TC has a limbsaver stock, when did they start coming out with this, was this in 07 or earlier than that? and do all the models have this? the one that appeals to me is the one with the walnut stock.

Buck Hunter

I think you might have these two TC Encore rifles confused with each other. The Encore Pro Hunter came out in 2006 and has always had the Limb Saver stock and I am not aware that is available in anything other then black or camo composite stocks. These newer rifles have a swing hammer, quick removable speed breech plug, a Power Rod and 28-inch fluted ML barrels. The older Encore has a 26-inch barrel, a regular breech and hammer, a 26-inch ML barrel and does have walnut or composite stocks. There is also a fairly big difference in price between the two. I have both rifles and to me the extra cost was well worth it for the additional features.

Go to www.tcarms.com and either download the 2007 Catalog or just browse these two different rifles. Again there is the Encore and the Encore Pro Hunter in ML rifle versions.

Curtis

limbsaver

I don't see why you could not get a ls slip on for the wood stcok. The Pro is an entire ls system.

OK boys I think I got this straight now, I did some research on the TC website and found out that the pro hunter and the triumph come in 28 inch barrels but the encore comes in a 26 inch barrel so my question to you pros out there is if I buy one of these three models what am I loosing out on if I buy a encore with a 26 inch barrel and am I gaining anything by buying one with a 28 inch barrel? just wondering if I am going to get better accuracy with 28 inches or 26 thanks

26 28

Everything I am readin in thes eposts tells me 2 inches doesn't make a differnce. I like the Pro because you can get a ton of custom work on it. interchange barrels and i like the look. I know that is not supposed to matter but........

I love my PH its a killing machine I shoot 200gr.SW and 90gr. of 777 ffg loose . It does a great job . :p :p :twisted:

Latest posts

Back