Redemption Results?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, well the 1120 i found for you is $350 without a scope. That leaves a ton leftover for the scope right? Easily less than MSRP by a long shot.

That scope is easily found for about $300 or a tiny bit less. Probably not the best choice at 4.2" of relief on the lowest magnification and 3.7" on the highest. You would be far better off with a Nikon Inline XR and the longer eye relief. Plus its around $100 cheaper than the Leupold.

GM54-120 said:
OK, well the 1120 i found for you is $350 without a scope. That leaves a ton leftover for the scope right? Easily less than MSRP by a long shot.

That scope is easily found for about $300 or a tiny bit less. Probably not the best choice at 4.2" of relief on the lowest magnification and 3.7" on the highest. You would be far better off with a Nikon Inline XR and the longer eye relief. Plus its around $100 cheaper than the Leupold.

I was seriously thinking about the Nikon XR...Thanks.

Dont get me wrong though, i do feel the Ultimate Slam is a better scope. Just not a better scope for the Redemption considering the eye relief requirement. Ive got the older Nikon Omega scope and its not bad. Im not thrilled with the BDC mainly.

I think DNZ offers a 1 piece mount that might help enough for a 4" eye relief scope but im not totally sure it will be enough. If it is enough, you might want to look for a deal on a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40. Ive seen them not long ago for $300 and i do like those better than the Leupold.

Looks like they still have some but the price went up a little. Still a great scope though and eye relief don't change much from low to high magnification.

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conquest ... 09920.aspx

GM54-120 said:
Dont get me wrong though, i do feel the Ultimate Slam is a better scope. Just not a better scope for the Redemption considering the eye relief requirement. Ive got the older Nikon Omega scope and its not bad. Im not thrilled with the BDC mainly.

I think DNZ offers a 1 piece mount that might help enough for a 4" eye relief scope but im not totally sure it will be enough. If it is enough, you might want to look for a deal on a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40. Ive seen them not long ago for $300 and i do like those better than the Leupold.

Looks like they still have some but the price went up a little. Still a great scope though and eye relief don't change much from low to high magnification.

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conquest ... 09920.aspx

Thanks, I will definitely check it out.

The DNZ mount will help but very little. That was the case with my Redemption. I put the inline xr on mine and it worked great. It might also work with the weaver style base the gun comes with.

rangerod said:
The DNZ mount will help but very little. That was the case with my Redemption. I put the inline xr on mine and it worked great. It might also work with the weaver style base the gun comes with.

I was thinking of using an old school set up for the rear iron sight. I wish to use a vintage Redfield peep rear sight and if possible (I am not sure if it can be done) a Weaver flip scope sight. That way I can flip the scope to the side and use the peep.

I have a Remington 141 game master with the peep and a .308 with the flip site and I like both methods so much I am thinking of joining them on one weapon. I can still buy both of these sights new in the box. It is only if they are compatible to the weapon of my choice.

donparadowski said:
rangerod said:

I was thinking of using an old school set up for the rear iron sight. I wish to use a vintage Redfield peep rear sight and if possible (I am not sure if it can be done) a Weaver flip scope sight (unfortunately they don't make them anymore - 12 years). That way I can flip the scope to the side and use the peep. I need to determine which Weaver mount is compatible and find one.

I have a Remington 141 game master with the peep and a .308 with the flip site and I like both methods so much I am thinking of joining them on one weapon. I can still buy both of these sights new in the box. It is only if they are compatible to the weapon of my choice.

donparadowski said:
donparadowski said:
rangerod said:

I was thinking of using an old school set up for the rear iron sight. I wish to use a vintage Redfield peep rear sight and if possible (I am not sure if it can be done) a Weaver flip scope sight (unfortunately they don't make them anymore - 12 years). That way I can flip the scope to the side and use the peep. I need to determine which Weaver mount is compatible and find one.

I already have a pair of Weaver 49220 pivot rings and matching Weaver 163 base and the weapon of course. When I mount the scope I will be able to determine then if I can mount a peep site.

I own a T/C Strike and its amazingly well made and very accurate. I just don't like it much and that's ok can't use them all.

Grouse said:
I own a T/C Strike and its amazingly well made and very accurate. I just don't like it much and that's ok can't use them all.
I wish I would have known that a week ago. I would have purchased it from you.

As an update, I purchased a T/C Strike model 10293 with the walnut stock. I am getting ready to purchase a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 ZPlex scope. Next I will be wanting to purchase a large supply of T/C Shock Wave bullets and start learning how this weapon fires. I expect to be needing to shoot my quarry around 200 yards.

Does anyone have an experienced opinion of the T/C Shock Wave bullets?

You may want to start a new thread on the Shockwaves.

I've used them for years. I like the 300s. Probably the most accurate bullet I've shot, however, they do fracture upon impact.

It has always resulted in a dead deer, which is good, but I've switch to Lehigh bullets based on my first hand experience and those of others.

It would buy some bulk 300s to tune it up with and then decide what to hunt with.

LarryBud said:
You may want to start a new thread on the Shockwaves.

I've used them for years. I like the 300s. Probably the most accurate bullet I've shot, however, they do fracture upon impact.

It has always resulted in a dead deer, which is good, but I've switch to Lehigh bullets based on my first hand experience and those of others.

It would buy some bulk 300s to tune it up with and then decide what to hunt with.
Larry,

I do not like bullets that fragment. The laws of Physics dictate that one heavy bullet will do more damage than two pieces (or more) of the same mass and velocity. It is a matter of energy transfer to the fewest line(s) of travel. The fragmented will do damage to several areas but not add up to the damaged done by a unfragmented bullet unless one of the fragments hits a missed vital organ.

Basically my method is to put lead on my target and do as much damage to the internal organs as I can. I prefer a lung/heart shot.

Does anyone produce a bullet like the Remington blunt nose CORE-LOKT bullet for muzzleloaders?

donparadowski said:
Does anyone produce a bullet like the Remington blunt nose CORE-LOKT bullet for muzzleloaders?

The Hornady XTP can be used in sabots, I think that is what is in some of the TC bullet paks. I like the 300 grain Speer .458 in a black crush rib sabot in my 50s, plenty accurate and kills like lightning. Just my results yours may be different. W

Latest posts

Back