Redfields???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakesdad

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience,good or bad,with the new line of Redfields?Seem to have a fairly low price,just curious on the quality.thanks.

jakesdad said:
Anybody had any experience,good or bad,with the new line of Redfields?Seem to have a fairly low price,just curious on the quality.thanks.

great scopes , i have a 3-9x50 on my Ruger 77/22 mag .

redfieldDSCN0369.jpg

going to get another one , but the 3-9x40 for my new ruger 10/22 target .

RugK1022T.jpg

Someone told me in a post that Redfield was taken over by Leupold and that they are kind of their basic market scope. So while I have no experience with the new ones (the old one I had was not real good) I would be willing to try them again if I had to, based on what others have reported on them.

They are made in Oregon by Leopold :D Now that Wi. has allowed magnifying scopes :D :D :D :D I will be checking them out.
RC

I got a chance to check them out yesterdat at Cabela's. I really liked them for the money, fit and finish was really nice. Glass seemed about right for the money. The knurling on the eyepiece resembled my 60's Redfield that I have on my M40 clone.

I have one in 3x9x40 with the Accurange on my Apex. To me, it's a VX-1 with positive clicks, I see no difference in glass quality as compared to two 2x7 VX-1's I had. My opinion is that it is an excellent value. It's made by Leupold.

We will see how well mine holds up. I just bought the 2x7x33 for the GMB54-120 and man that sucker can kick.

I just bought a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40.
I'LL will receive my Knight Disc Extreme nshortly.What height of Qr rings should I put on the Extreme?
Moose1

My brother has the 4-12x40 with the accuplex on his Savage .223 and its a great scope. He was able to hit Pdogs at 400+ yards this summer!

Mine (2x7x33) is still going strong and has survived some recoil that most people would not tolerate for very long at the range. My top end loads generate more than 40ftlbs of free recoil (estimated) in my carbine. Some are close to 60ftlbs according to the calculators.

The quality is so close to a VXII i cant justify the extra cost. Ive got two more coming for two more hard kickers and i really like the Accu-Range recticle even though i don't use that feature. I do like how it "presents" the target though...kinda hard to explain.

:D

My 3x9x40 is still in the box. Going to wait till after the holidays before I mount it on my MLer. Glass is real clear and it looks well made. Leupold is making them now so how bad could they be :?: :?:

My experience is that it's the best bang for your buck in a mid-range variable. Like was stated above, think Leupold VX-1 with positive click adjustments. The VX-1 is basically the old Vari x-II and that was a very good scope and would have been better with clicks vs friction adjustments. Plus with the Leupold warranty behind it you can't go too far wrong.

Not to argue with Brute.....
But my Redfield Widefield has seen a considerable number of rounds over the past 2 years and has held up well as has the one my son has.

For the buck????
Still has to be Swift.....and warranty is outstanding!
Check some of the older posts...

I have both a Swift 2x7x40WA and 2 Redfield 2x7x33s and like them both. The Swift is a little bit more expensive but it is a bit better if you want a really bright and wide FOV scope. The Redfield has a bit more eye relief. They have both held up very well but the Swift is on my 45 so i cant give a fair comparison since my 54 has far more recoil. :D

Re-reading my post ,guess I was a little unclear in my assessment. I am a big fan of the new Redfields and meant to convey that they are comparable to Leupold vx1 optically only with click adjustments plus a better price. I see where it could be construed as praising the vx1 (a fine scope in it's own right) over the Redfield. Not my intention as I believe the Revolution is the best buy,in class, and maybe better than some "upper echelon" scopes.

I put a Redfield 3x9x40 last year on my ML and really like it. I don't think you can beat it for the money. Pleased enough that I will buy again.

Latest posts

Back