Redfields???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bass Pro Shops has a good looking rangefinder from Redfield for $169.99 that looks very tempting. If its quality is as good as the new scopes it might end up in my hunting pack very soon.

I also seen the rangefinder but the range has alot to be desired. I believe it was something like 342 feet which is only 114 yards, maybe I'm wrong but it wasn't impressive. If anyone has a C&R Grafs has killer prices on the Redfields.

I stand corrected, I still advise if anyone has a C&R check out Graf and Son's

Bayou said:
I stand corrected, I still advise if anyone has a C&R check out Graf and Son's

No offense intended Bayou. I don't have many options beyond BPS and I have to drive an hour to get there.

Be blessed.

Had one on my Encore for awhile. Scope held up just fine,.nice and clear. Personally just too much eye relief for me. On the higher magnifications made it tough to get the cheek weld I wanted.

Love em, own 2 3x9x40 w/accuplex ones on the muzzleloader the other is on my 270 :D

JStanley said:
Bass Pro Shops has a good looking rangefinder from Redfield for $169.99 that looks very tempting. If its quality is as good as the new scopes it might end up in my hunting pack very soon.

Redfield Raider 550 - Bought it and tested it this week in different light situations. I'm very pleased so far. It is quite clear even in low light conditions, has 6x magnification and even gives accurate readings on moving targets. Very compact & easy to operate, adustable focus eyepiece. It's definitely getting a workout this weekend during our ml opener in KY.

BigE,

I'm zeroing my triumph with the Redfield 3x9x40 with Accurange reticle referencing the center crosshairs at 100 yrds. I had to start at 25 yrds. with hole in hole accuracy in the bull (I was impressed with the guns POI/POA), and am moving out to 50 then 100 this weekend. Have you been able to determine the range of distance that each reference mark represents for your particular load..just curious...50 yards per hmark as noted in the manual? I realize that each mark will be slightly different in representation based on bullet weight, load and trajectory. What say ye? Thanks

I have a 4-12X40 on my KRB and my manual says nothing about 50 yds. per mark. It gives a list of rifles caliber with similar ballistics. Then tells you that if you sight the center cross hair at 200 yds, the next mark is 300 and then 400 and the last is 500. I took one of the calibers on the chart plugged the figures into a ballistic calculator aon a 200 yds. zero. Then input my current load in on a 100 yd. zero. Then i looked to see how low the caliber form the chart was at 300, 400 and 500. Matched that number with my current load table and came up with 180, 250 and 320. I have not tested this yet but I bet its close.

Hornet,

Thanks for the info. I was referring to the pictorial of the Accurange in the manual..it shows 50 yrd. increments, but that may have been for illustrative purposes. I'll follow your lead, download a ballistic calc. as an app. and apply the data. I'd be intested to see how your ballistics/trajectories with live fire line up with your calcs as mentioned.

I've got a 3x9x40 Revolution on my KP1. I really like it! Glass is good and clear, handles low light very well.

Redfield makes a great scope. I do not think they are quite as clear or sharp as some of the scope that are in the same class but they are solid and dependable.

Usually when I am price shopping for scopes I compare Redfiled Weaver and Nikon and search for bargins. I feel dollar for dollar they are equal and sometimes you can find one of them at a very bargain basement price.

I put a Redfield 2x7 on a slug gun this winter and have been very pleased with it. Nice and clear, and the elevation and windage adjustments are accurate and hold zero well. I'll be buying another one soon--wish they made a 1x4.

Redfields are a bargain and they're made here. I'm all for that.

Latest posts

Back