Reel Brand Preference

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats Your Favorite Brand Reel

• Penn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shimano

• Daiwa

• Abu Garcia

• Mitchell

• Zebco

• Okuma

• Other

• Total voters

Loggy

Reaction score
Today's National Poll Day!!! :lol: :lol:

A tuff one for me. :D Penn had to be my choice bein a PA boy but Shimano is right up there especially in the Calcutta class reels. Seems funny, the better Shimano's are Jap made. :lol:

I've compared a lot of different reels and for my money Shimino is what I buy. Most of mine are spinning reels but do have 3 level wind.

Agree there RAF, Shimano makes a great reel. Before I bot my Shimano Calcutta CT 400 I closely compared the 965 Penn International Baitcast which is comparable in size/weight but the Shimano was much smoother. I must admit in that contest the Shimano got my vote! :lol:

Anyone else here have a favorite reel brand? Zebco 202's count also. :lol:

Tuff one. I own a variety of reel both in baitcastig and spinning.

Out of 5 baitcasters [diawa , shimano , abugarcia , mitchell ,& quantum ] I would say that Quantam is my favorite.

out of my 6 spinning rods I use, mitchell takes the cake. I actually own three different mitchell models. The 300 series are the way to go.

Looks like a well made reel there Jim! Do you know if they mfg a comparable to the Calcutta CT 400 size...something for inshore use...stripers, flounder etc.? I didnt see any there.

The SX model is the one you should look at Loggy, I bought a MX model. The reels look bigger in the pics but in reality they are small framed like the Calcutta with over sized crank handles to really power out stubborn fish. I dare say they are almost as smooth as the Shimanos at a more reasonable price. I honestly say for the $$$$ you wont find a more dependable inshore reel. And the best part =AMERICAN made!!!!!

http://www.avetreels.com/sx_large.html

9-26-04004.jpg

Thanks Jim. Only about 2 OZ heavier than my CT400 but alot more line capacity. Man, once u think you are well covered in equipment always another to consider. :lol:

Like the MADE IN USA for sure. Not may fishing reels are today outside on some PENN's. :D

I really can't say. I have good one in several brands. For open-faced I usually like Diawa although I used to be a big Mitchell 400 fan! For bait-casting reels I have several 5500Cs and Lews Speed Spools I really like. For spincast reels...I really don't like ANY of them that much. AS the old saying goes..."they don't make them Like they used to." For fly reels..Hard to beat a good 'ol Pflueger!

Soooo...I voted "other."

Latest posts

Back