Refinished the Remington 7400

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
It was scuffed and dinged. Had some surface rust on the barrel in a couple of spots. Went to wallyworld and bought some rustcontrol by colorplace in black satin and satin clear. Super cleaned everything. Scuffed the stock and started spraying. Left the stock just painted and the barrel finished with the clear. Its a little shiny but not to bad. Then i put a new one piece base on and some new weaver rings. Refinished the bushnell as well.
What ya think? Its no show gun and was never intended to be. Just wanted to keep her cleaned up and protected from the weather. Next is the trigger system is going out for a new spring and have all the metal smoothed out.

33822_1407946373543_1678976410_764159_7425710_n.jpg

Nice work, should give you many more years of service. plus eazy to touch up if you bang it up again.

alotta people call them jam-o-matic but i have never had an issue with it. alway keep it properly cleaned and keep the mags in good shape and it cycles smooth as can be.

A friend of mine has used one for years and i don't think he knows what a cleaning rod is at yet shoots deer every year, aparently reliable enough.

That is a nice job. They are a good rifle.

I own a Remington 742 30-06 carbine. My rifle is over 40 years old. And mine has NEVER jammed. I keep it clean and oiled. It has taken more deer then I care to remember. For a carbine it will really shoot. I have a 3-9x40 Tasco World Class scope on it. That rifle is all scuffed up, wood stock and blued metal. But it still shoots the 150 grain Remington Core Lock bullets excellent.

That turned out really well. Just goes to show you that a little hard work pays off. I love getting guns that look a little rough and make them look new again. Some of the best 870's are the ones that have shot a lot of shells and look like crap. The actions are just getting broke in and they just need a face lift.

Looks Great, but if you really want to protect it from the weather, you might want to consider sending it to BlackIce and have it teflon coated. I've done it to a coupld of my White ML's and it really protects them from the elements.

Back