Reloading for 270 Apex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljmelea

Reaction score
Looking for any and all info on what is your favorite reload combo. Bullets & Powder ect. ect.
And why!
Also looking for someone that may be interested in reloading some for me for my Apex 270 I just got from Carlos. ;)
If I supply Bullets and Powder along with the brass.:shock:

Thanks in advance
QS34

Why didn't say something before. I have done 270 before, but I use Barnes TSX to reload with and I have to check my load data for powder, but I will be more than glad to do it for you, if you sent me the components.
Carlos

Carlos
Dang I didn't know you reloaded also or I would have ask you about it. :D
I will get with you on this for shure. Again YOU are the man!!!! :cheers:
Thanks QS 34

Starting or even mid range data is ok but for upper end loads you should work one up with the rifle you have due to some barrels could have tighter or rougher bores and tighter chambers.

Thanks Muznut I may end up sending it back to Carlos for him to work up a good hot load for it.

Another bullet you may want to try is the Nosler Accu-bond in 130 or 140gr. They shoot extremely well out of my 270 and are bad news for the animal on the receiving end.

Thanks remmy I do like the nosler 130gr balistic silvertip I have always had good accuracy with them out of a 270 & 7mm mag. also the 7mm-08 shot great and those were factory loads also. so I could imag. what they mite do with a good hand load worked up. I do want to try the Barns STX also and I was thinking of the Accu - Bond or Partitions also maybe in a 140 or 150 gr for Elk. I have never reloaded thats why I am looking for someone thats good and I think Carlos would be just my guy Im looking for. :D
Any more Ideas everyone.
ALSO What Powder are you shooting remmy.

I load the 140 Accu-Bonds with reloader 19. Not sure on the grains off the top of my head but out of a 22" barrel I get about 2950 fps and 1/2-3/4" groups easily. The Accu-Bonds shoot like ballistic tips and retain bullet weight similar to a partition, usually around 65-75%. I have not tried the barnes TSX or TTSX yet but I am sure they are outstanding too. Good luck with the right load/bullet selection and enjoy. If you have any questions let me know.

I shoot 130 grain accubond's out of my 270 wsm will shoot 3 leaf clovers all day long absolutely accurate bullet

OMG the Choices the choices
463713255.gif
LOL

Well fellas I spoke to Carlos and we have desided that I will send the rifle back to him next week and he will work up a HOT custom load for it. :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks everyone
QS34

Latest posts

Back