Remington 209 kleanbore primers at Walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herb

Reaction score
I bought 4 boxes of Remington kleanbore 209 blackpowder primers this morning. They were 5.97 a box, worth it if they stop the crud ring when shooting 777.

They have them at Scheel's for $3.99 pack of 100. I did buy some will try them soon
Redclub

I tried the Rem. ML primers this morning. POI at 118 yds. did not change from regular primers.
As far as cleaner I believe they are I swab between shots but it was a lot easier. I did go back and forth between primers and they are cleaner or should I say the barrel was easier to swab. How much? maybe 50%.
This is out of an Omega with 115 of T7 under a WW and 348 powerbelt.
Redclub

Elk
I was having a minor problem with the grud ring. I had a ramrod set up with a brush on one end and a jag on the other. had to brush about every third shot for easy loading. Now I don't do that. I like the Remington primers.
Redclub

smokit said:
Bought rem. cleanbore. 209's at bass pro today for $4.49.
Did you pay the $20 hazmat fee also? I picked up two boxes of the Kleanbore Remingtons today at Wally World for $5.65/box. I hope they work like advertised!!! They are still cheaper than buying the .25 breechplug and brass and tumbler, etc. etc.

No,I went to Memphis and while there went to the Bass Pro Shop Store.About 80 miles away.

Back