remington 700 ml for kid

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
i have a rem 700 ml stainless camo stock my wifes boss wants to sell me as a christmas present for my son, hes 12. i got the gun home to check it out and looks like he hasnt cleaned it in 2 years, and the bolt would not close or move.i got it cleaned up and i tore apart the bolt, and it seems to work , ther is very little pitting to my surprise. how much is this gun worth? it has a 3x9x40 swift scope on it and it is 209 ready. and is there any guess to the year of this gun? and how do they shoot? thanks denny

You are fortunate that the gun is Stainless Steel. The Remington 700ML is an accurate rifle with sabots. I use Triple7 in mine. The bolt needs to be cleaned regularly.

Does this 700ML have the ramrom extensions, cleaning tube and breeh plug wrench? These make it easy to clean.

How much is being asked for this rifle? Give us an estimate and we'll try to let you know if it is worth buying.

I had one and it shot great but the bolt must be constantly looked after. Personally, I would get something like a CVA or a NEF sidekick and see how he likes it and then graduate him to a higher end gun if he seems to like it. I sold my REM 700ML blued/syn. stock with a $70 tasco scope for $100. I just worry that the bolt issues might turn your 12 year old off. Just giving my opinion and definitely don't think I have all the answers and knowledge.

remington 700ml for kid

My friend has one w/the CABELA'S 209 conversion kit & since that installation , EVERYTHING that he has fired through it @ 100 yards has been 2" or under & he has tried many , many combinations. Never has ANY fliers, like I do. I'm jealous.

Art Sehnke

I love mine, I paid $229.00 for it a few months ago. It's very accurate and simple to clean. I wouldn't sell it for $500.00.

Latest posts

Back