Removing locktite residue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally got the rear site off my Omega, the previous owner had used locktite (I assume) to secure the screws. Some of it had worked its way under the site an dried..
Is there a product that will remove locktite without messing up the gun's Weathershield finish? I tried WD40, nothing doing. I'm thinking just let it wear off in time.
Any experiences or suggestions?? Would fingernail polish remover take off the Weathershield, not sure...

I finally got the rear site off my Omega, the previous owner had used locktite (I assume) to secure the screws. Some of it had worked its way under the site an dried..
Is there a product that will remove locktite without messing up the gun's Weathershield finish? I tried WD40, nothing doing. I'm thinking just let it wear off in time.
Any experiences or suggestions?? Would fingernail polish remover take off the Weathershield, not sure...

Acetone will remove the Loctite. If it damages the Weatershield I'd start looking for a stainless barrel. I have a Weathershield barrel in my shop I could test for ya.

That too, many years ago a friend had a super fast RC car. It would go over 50mph on nitro.

Back