Rivers West clothes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREELIZARD

Reaction score
Last September i went out and bought a pair of the trail pants and the Ranger ATJ jacket made buy Rivers West, these are the best hunting clothes that i have ever used. they are light, quiet and they are completely water proof, wind proof and more durable then any other fabric out there that i have seen. they are excellent for cold weather hunting, they will keep you warm and dry. i did find that they were to warm for me to wear in the the early part of October for the Ohio bow season as i was able to wring the sweat out of my T shirt just from walking to my stand. but as the weather got cooler i was able to eliminate a layer of clothes that i wold normally have to wear. check out their web site www.riverswest.com If you request a catalog they will send you a sample piece of fabric that you can put through your own little set of tests like i did before i made my purchase.

Good info. It is hard to find all the above with the most difficult quality "quiet". I'm a freak about quiet. I've just been wearing wool when it gets cold for the quiet factor.

Great stuff

One of my sons bought me a pair of the Rivers West pants for Christmas last year. Like you said, waterproof, windproof and very warm. Mine have zippered leg vents for additional ventilation. I don't get a lot of use out of them here in FL, but I'll sure be wearing them when I return home to CO this fall for elk season. Should be great. Extremely high quality.

I just got the Eider waterfowling jacket by River's West for my birthday earlier this month. It does appear as though it will meet it's marketing write up. I really like the radial collar, magnetic pockets, and huge front and rear vents to open up when the day warms. Looks like it will be a very solid jacket. I've been wearing the same quad parka for 15 years now so it is a welcome addition. I also think I can wear it without issue on my wet weather deer hunts. It does appear as though it will be pretty quiet.....not as quiet as the staight wool, but the wool is not waterproof. The fleece on the outside of their waterproof/breathable membrane (H2P) does seem reasonable quiet. I'm just ready for fall for a chance to try it out.

Back