Rocky Mountain High... Colorado

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those photos give me fond memories. Magnificent! That includes hiking from mine site to mine site at 12,500 ft. or higher and looking at the surrounding 13,000 or 14,000 ft mountains.
13.jpeg

Ron, is that you? Looks like the famed “knife edge” on Capitol Peak?

I haven’t climbed that one yet. Not sure I ever will? I thought at one time I might try to climb them all but I think that time has passed. I’ll try to climb all of them in the Sawatch range (only a few left) & maybe all of the Front range. Will see...

That is a friend of mine who is considerably crazier than I am.
Those high risk days are long over for me. All those adventurous activities stopped when I hit 70. But I still treasure the experiences up in the Rockies at 10,000 ft and above, even when they were the easier ones like Long's Peak or Bierstadt.

That is a friend of mine who is considerably crazier than I am.
Those high risk days are long over for me. All those adventurous activities stopped when I hit 70. But I still treasure the experiences up in the Rockies at 10,000 ft and above, even when they were the easier ones like Long's Peak or Bierstadt.
Me too Ron, was doing the 8,500 - 9,500, that was high enough for an old man. Going to much less now from according to doctors yesterday, need a diet change, life style change and a stink installed ASAP. ....... :( 😩

Me too Ron, was doing the 8,500 - 9,500, that was high enough for an old man. Going to much less now from according to doctors yesterday, need a diet change, life style change and a stink installed ASAP. ....... :( 😩

Heck I live at 8500’ 😬

I didn't realize that you are that close, Buck! We are practically neighbors.
There go the property values.:D
I'll have to get my mask and my 6 foot pole to measure social distances, and then meet you for lunch (if we go by my cardiologists suggestions: low salt, low fat, low taste - cardboard)
My mask:
20200404_Scary mask for COVID-19 (1)modsm.jpg
I'll stop hijacking CoHiCntry's thread.
Ron

Hijack away! Good conversation. I thought Buck lived in Utah? 🤷‍♂️

we'll be hunting high altitude this year. All we could get for tags this year was unit 85 which is all straight up lol

12,300 feet here
109248390_10157836492277875_2874354981938729034_n.jpg

interesting area i found possibly for elk
108226186_10157836492457875_15671234232081308_n.jpg

My favorite mask. Ron, You look more dignified in your mask; that IS a mask, right?
images-14.jpg

Those photos truly take my breath away. I'm no longer able to climb even modest hills much less those kinds of peaks. I have acrophobia so those peaks would "share me skittless". I love the mountains, however, and did spend a lot of grand time in the mountains of Georgia, Virginia and West Virginia.

We’re at about 8,800 out of Creede right now. Stalked a moose on Slumgullion Pass (11,500 +- ) that I’d seen from the highway. Got to about 200yds best guesstimate. Only had the camera on my phone so pic not so good. Soon to be 73 and did ok but all day long for a week and packing out would be rough. A85252D4-1A40-430F-805F-FAAF4C3141D2.jpeg

I love watching just about any kind of critter, and I love forest habitat.

The photo of the knife edge ridge on Capitol Peak brings back memories. Back when I was one of the hard boys in the Rocky Mtn Rescue Group another member and I had to make three tries to summit Capitol. The first two times we were chased off by lightning striking below us! Finally got on the trail about 3:00 a.m., signed the register, and went back to camp for a nap before driving home.

Latest posts

Back