Rossi SS Mini Loader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slackdaddy

Reaction score
My 9 and 11 year old are going through hunters saftey class and going to start shooting at the range with Me.

As far as deer hunting, a 20 gauge slug would be to much kick for them.
So I was leaning towards a Rossi mini loader.

Why does rossi only allow 50g pellets and barnes copper bullets in their Mini loader ??

Thinking about a 50 pellet and a 275g Keith nose soft lead from PR Bullet.

would this be good for 50 yards ?

Thanks,

Nick

Well, I would say you should follow the manual.

I have a Rossi Miniloader in SS .45 that I shoot (bought it for my daughter, but she ain't shot it yet). I shoot .40 200 gr XTP with a mmp sabot or 240 gr Knight/PR Bullet .40 cal with mmp sabots. Both of these I shoot with 60 gr of t7 2F and a winchester primer. I have only shot it about 40 shots or so, but it has been great so far. I have one hole groups with the 240 gr bullets at 50 yards and sub 1" at 50 with the XTP. I have been thinking about getting some Barnes 155 gr XPB in bulk and using the Crush Rib sabots. Should be really light at the range and good for deer under 75 yards or so. The flash hole on the breech plug is a little large for my liking so I get a little blowback on the breech and scope, but that is about my only complaint.

Back